Tim Burton.

bitterillusions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
decayinglullabies.org
So... I like Tim Burton. He rocks, a lot. Recently I've "discovered" him. And since have bought like 4 (which is a lot for a starving artist/college kid...) Mhy fav. is some where between Sleepy Hollow, and Edward Scissorhands. Do you all agree w. me? Cause I wanna know! :evil:

the first batman was awesome...and i heard he was directing the new willy wonka movie...but i think thats rumor. nightmare before christmas is another good one...

great creator and director...one ugly dude...
:wink:
md

MDowdey said:
the first batman was awesome...and i heard he was directing the new willy wonka movie...but i think thats rumor. nightmare before christmas is another good one...

great creator and director...one ugly dude...
:wink:
md

Although Burton's name is on NMBC it was actually directed by Selick (James and the Giant peach, Monkeybone). I love Burton but Planet of the Apes sucked mega pooh!!. Yep , he is doing Charlie and the Choc FActory with Depp..just saw some photos on CNN...the umpaloompas look weird.

My fav Burton is either Frankenweenie or Ed Wood. It's a hard toss up.

Don't forget James and the Giant Peach. Tim Burton is definately my favorite director.

voodoocat said:
Don't forget James and the Giant Peach. Tim Burton is definately my favorite director.

Nope... J&TGP was Selick, a long time friend and pupil of Burton's. He also directed Monkeybone, which I thought really cool. Thier styles are sooooo similar...before I knew about Selick I swore up and down that it was Burton.

Well he still produced it....

The reason his name is on the nightmare before christmas is because he wrote and produced it :p

voodoocat said:
Well he still produced it....

The reason his name is on the nightmare before christmas is because he wrote and produced it :p

very true and it REAKS of Burton..I'm pretty sure that tim had his hand on everything that went on in the film...I'd love to see these guys working together again but Selick's shoes are awfully big now...He's working on an animated "Caroline" based on Neil Giaman's newest book. He if you like NMBC and J&TGP you should check out some of Svankmyer's animation...very cool stuff or The Brother's Quay..OMG think old TOOL videos but scarier. :shock:

Speaking of scary animation. and to derail this thread ;) Have you ever caught any of Bill Plympton.

voodoocat said:
Speaking of scary animation. and to derail this thread ;) Have you ever caught any of Bill Plympton.

OMG :shock: "I married a strange person" dude..that's a classic...Bill is a genius!!! (sorry I use to manage a cult video store for 3 years...and animation is my favorite genre. :D )

nomav6 said:
why is everyone leaving out "BIG FISH" its great :)
meh... it was alright. Yes, much better than what most of Hollywood is churning out these days. Not my favorite Burton flick. but... Alison Lohman :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

voodoocat said:
nomav6 said:
why is everyone leaving out "BIG FISH" its great :)
meh... it was alright. Yes, much better than what most of Hollywood is churning out these days. Not my favorite Burton flick. but... Alison Lohman :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol: Yeah I had real high hopes for Big Fish but it was a bit of a sleeper for me too. Albert Finney was great in it.

I kind of liked "Mars Attacks" It took some time though cuz I hate Tom Jones.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure was awesome too.

I love Tim Burton....

Edward Scissorhands was my favorite movie until Big Fish. After watching it a few times I realized how amazing it really is. It's kind of untraditional in the way it doesn't follow a normal storyline, but I really love it. I can see why people don't though (my parents didn't...)

Most reactions

Back