Time for a new Cam!

Nadestyle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

So, it s time for me to get a new cam, now I´m shooting a Nikon D80 and 3 prime lenses and 2 SB-900 (so, switch to canon is not an option, and I feel that I have reached the limit...

I have 2 or 3 models that I would like to have but don´t know witch one to choose, the first ones are the D3 and D700, both very good cams (actually I was shooting the D700 last week). They are both the same except some details, like size (D700 with grip), I find the little screen on the D3 helpfull to see your values (ISO and aperture) in complicated situation. But I hope somebody can give me better advices and information of pros and conts.

The other cam is the D3s, much much more expensive then the other 2, but it has received the update that is yet to come to the D700 (who knows when...) and I don t want to lose a hole lot of time waiting...

Ohh, I am no pro at all, and money plays a role, but I saved some money and I want a cam that I can have for a minimum of 4-5 years!

Hope somebody can help me in my decision!

thx

Okie Dokie 3 questions for you

What is your budget?
What do you normally shoot?
And when do you want your new camera buy? The D700 will be replaced soon (sometime this year) so if 1080p video is important for you then I would wait!

ok, budget is near 5000 €

normally I shoot a lot of macro, landscapes (manual blending of exposures) and I want to get more into model shooting and studio.

I would like to buy it now to catch all the flowers and spring landscapes.

thx

What lenses do you have? They may not be "compatible" if they're not FF.(sure they'll work, but i'll limit the camera)

I was buying my lenses always for FX, I came from film cam, so I always wanted to switch to FX after DX.

I ´ve got the nikon 105mm 2.8G micro, the 50mm 1.4 af and the 16mm 2.8 fisheye. So if I´m right they will be all compatible.

The thing is, between the D700 and D3, I was told that the quality feeling is much better, a part the D3 is smaller than the D700 (with grip) and better position of the commands...

Somebody has experience?

Thx guys

Most reactions

Back