Time for CD - what exactly is on the CD?

ericonoahu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Obviously pictures from the shoot...

These questions are about working with models from sites like Model Mayhem. I would like to hear opinions on the following:

1. Should my watermark appear on the photos?

2. Are they to be full resolution?

3. Should I provide every last image I make during the shoot - the good bad and ugly, or only the ones I've processed and would want my name associated with?

4. I've heard of photographers offering the raw files - that doesn't seem like a good idea.

1. The model should sign a release form, and you should cover pretty much all of this with them at that point...
2. If you give full resolution or not that is something I would cover with them. I would assume that you would, as you're trading skills and you aren't trying to make a profit on them (with the exception of the benefit to your portfolio).
3. I definitely wouldn't include every image... I would include the images that you work up that are good enough to be shown as yours.
4. I wouldn't give RAW's... only your own edited images.

1. The model should sign a release form, and you should cover pretty much all of this with them at that point...
2. If you give full resolution or not that is something I would cover with them. I would assume that you would, as you're trading skills and you aren't trying to make a profit on them (with the exception of the benefit to your portfolio).
3. I definitely wouldn't include every image... I would include the images that you work up that are good enough to be shown as yours.
4. I wouldn't give RAW's... only your own edited images.

Thanks Nate - much appreciated.

I use a model release form but what does that have to do with whether I stick my watermark on the photos I give to the model? I use the watermark when I use my photos for my purposes. My release form protects my right to do that.

I guess I'm asking what do models usually expect? And yes, I agree its a given that all this will be agreed on prior. I'm asking so I have a rough idea what to expect. I am new to working with models in this way and would rather veer towards honoring standing traditions than trying to begin my own trends. That's where I'd like to begin the "agreeing on things prior" process.

In other words, I would rather ask a bunch of questions and reveal my ignorance here than when I am dealing with the model.

What's the norm?

Thanks again...

She/they should be offering services for portfolio images, I'd leave out the watermark and provide 10 x 8 or similar digital offering at 300 ppi so both you and her/him get what you both want. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back