Time Lapse Question please help!

Orton857revo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok i have an awesome idea, i want to do a time lapse of a very large shop heres the challenge it will take about a month to do the whole compilation of shots, i need to know the duration between shots i want it to be fluid, and i will be using a sony a35 with tameron 70-200 f2.8, how do i keep the camera on for the duration of the day is my greatest hurdle. i cant tell you what i will be photographing for security reasons but a day is considered 18-20 hours with some full 24 hour days thrown in. has anyone done anthing like this? any help would be greatly appriciated!

I have an awesome idea. I want to do a time lapse of a very large shop. Here's the challenge: It will take about a month to do the compilation of shots. I need to know the duration between shots as I want it to be fluid.

How to keep the camera on for the duration of the day is my greatest hurdle. I cant tell you what I will be photographing for security reasons, but a day is considered 18-20 hours with some full 24 hour days thrown in.

Has anyone done anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I will be using a Sony a35 with Tamron 70-200 f2.8.

Whew! Now I can read it.

Sounds like you need an AC power supply to your camera, and tether it to a laptop.

Or if not a laptop, you can tether it to a cheap android phone (you can pick one up for 20 bucks). There are plenty of DSLR remote apps which can do exactly what your wanting if you just spend the $5 to make the cable. Might lesson the amount of cash you have sitting there...

Or if not a laptop, you can tether it to a cheap android phone (you can pick one up for 20 bucks). There are plenty of DSLR remote apps which can do exactly what your wanting if you just spend the $5 to make the cable. Might lesson the amount of cash you have sitting there...

Such as?
Any for iPhones?

Never mind, I was thinking control camera from phone. You meant timelapse photo taken with phone.

Hi Guys,

Its a shame you aren't using a Nikon DSLR as I wrote an application a while back called ** that is specifically for this type of thing. I have a user somewhere in the UK that uses it to create large time-lapse movies of commercial building sites for months at a time (I seem to remember him using it to record the building of a wooden replica of a vintage bus).

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
i need to know the duration between shots i want it to be fluid
how much activity will there be?

How long do you want the finished video to be?

If you're going to be taking shots for 20 hours straight, with an average shutter speed of 1 second (just a guess), with 5 seconds between shots - the finished video would be 12,000 frames long. If played back at 24 frames per second, the video would be 500 seconds long - 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

If you had 11 seconds between shots (with a 1 second exposure time), it would be 4 minutes, 10 seconds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back