Time Lapsing on an Nikon D60

sA x sKy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here but really the only reason I registered to this forum is because I have an aggravating question that has been bugging me ever since a bought a Nikon D60.

I want to make a video something like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGcd6PN7EE]YouTube - Time Lapse[/ame]

but I can't find an option anywhere on my camera on how to setup an interval so it can take photos by itself when I'm not there. I don't know if I need a remote or what but I would really appreciate if I can get some insight to get this working. Thanks!

in order to take time lapse like that you'll need something like this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/TR2MAG-Timer-Remote-Control-Shutter/dp/B00181WFN0/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234714372&sr=8-31[/ame]

that way you can set it to take a picture every xx seconds for a certain amount of time.

or you can connect it to your computer with some software ( i don't know if nikon supports this i know canon does)

in order to take time lapse like that you'll need something like this:

Amazon.com: TR2MAG Timer Remote Control Shutter for Nikon D80 D70s: Electronics

that way you can set it to take a picture every xx seconds for a certain amount of time.

or you can connect it to your computer with some software ( i don't know if nikon supports this i know canon does)

I just downloaded the Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and apparently it has a built in time lapse function...but that means I have to carry around my laptop whenever I want to do a time lapse which sucks.

-- That link that you directed me to says it only works for the D70/80 though. I have the D60 but it might work, I don't know. But thank for the insight. I really appreciate it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
-- That link that you directed me to says it only works for the D70/80 though. I have the D60 but it might work, I don't know. But thank for the insight. I really appreciate it.

yeah i noticed that, i just didn't feel like doing a lot of searching around for it so i just posted something to give you an idea of what you need

yeah i noticed that, i just didn't feel like doing a lot of searching around for it so i just posted something to give you an idea of what you need

/sigh

So no one has any insight? I'm going to BH Photo & Video in the city tomorrow and I wanted to have a plan when I set foot into that store.

did you ever talk to them and see what they had to say cause im interested in trying something like this! i have a d80 and this seems like it would be a blast!

Most reactions

Back