Time to Make the B&H Wishlist!!!

End Game

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielswebpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I know some of you jumped to this topic hoping to spill out tons of stuff for me to buy...but I only need some advice on filters, everything else has been covered.

Now, first off...probably the STUPIDEST question a person could ask, other than "What's a camera?"...what is the filter size for an 400D(XTi) :cokespit:. I know, I bought an $800 camera, and I don't know what the size is. Methinks is 65mm, but I dunno. Well, anyway, I need to know some good filter makers, and what types I should get for landscape photgraphy, other than UV and Polarizers *Already have them on the list, just have to get the size*.

Advice, anyone? Yes, I know I'm an idiot...this is what's going on in my head right now...:wav:

It depends on the lens you have - do you have the 18-55mm kit lens? If so, that is 58mm.

<s>God that was fast...Yes, I do have that, and I'm about to get the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III</s>

Well, that was a rookie mistake...it goes by lens, not body--I forgot, so now I know the sizes I need. Now I just need makers and types. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You need to shot in RAW mode with color filters because the white balance will try to adjust for the filter

Ooooh, didn't think about that...dang that's gonna take a toll, but then again I can just put another memory card on the wishlist ^_^

You need to shot in RAW mode with color filters because the white balance will try to adjust for the filter

You don't normally use color filters in digital...they are all built in as different white balance settings...(or done in post processing). Correct me if I'm wrong someone...

Also, if you buy more than one lens...you probably will need more than one filter. Most lenses filters don't interchange.

Other than UV and polarizer...the only filters I could see you needing would be soft focus, ND, and maybe a gradient ND... color filters are pretty useless...

ahh, didn't think of a gradient...actually have a shoot coming up that it would be perfect for. As for the filters not being interchangeable, I took that into account and am now trying *Now that I know the sizes :p* to keep them all the same size. This is why I iz teh commmmme to chuuuz peepz. Chu is awesome**

**This is why I come to you guys, you are awesome :p

the 75-300 lens is also a 58mm filter size so dont worry about it. but if you have lenses that aren't 58 you can just buy a step up or step down adapter, cheaper then one filter for each lens.

You don't normally use color filters in digital...they are all built in as different white balance settings...(or done in post processing). Correct me if I'm wrong someone...

Also, if you buy more than one lens...you probably will need more than one filter. Most lenses filters don't interchange.

Other than UV and polarizer...the only filters I could see you needing would be soft focus, ND, and maybe a gradient ND... color filters are pretty useless...

no you are not wrong

I wish I could afford everything on my BH wishlist. It's prob got 5k in gear on there.

only $5k ?!?

You are a model of self-control..... I can think of a couple lenses that go for that or more.....

Don't try out the things you can't afford if you visit..... sometimes it's better not to know what you're missing ....... with all the lenses and such available to try out, you'll be tempted.......

only $5k ?!?

You are a model of self-control..... I can think of a couple lenses that go for that or more.....

Don't try out the things you can't afford if you visit..... sometimes it's better not to know what you're missing ....... with all the lenses and such available to try out, you'll be tempted.......

ya 5k each and a couple others that are about 2200 that is almost 15k and only 4 items boy I better get busy. Any body need a photographer around here!! :D

I meant my wish list for this christmas, which has things I can actually buy on it. I'll end up purchasing about 3k of the 5k. Of course if I just put everything on there i want it would be over 100k. New Hasselblad sounds nice doesn't it...

I just showed my wife two BH wish lists...

first, the "I can in no way afford wish list" which had the entire Leica M-mount line of Summilux lenses ($3000-$4000 EACH) on it...

second, the "The affordable list" which had the entire line of Leica M-mount line of Summarit lenses on it ($1200-$1500 EACH)...

Followed by a

"See hun... aren't those Summarit lenses soooo affordable???"

She walked away laughing... I guess I'd better take her to Tiffany's again for some re-adjustment.. hehehe lol

Maybe you should of tried Tiffany's first then that approach :)

Most reactions

Back