Time will pass, as the city stays still

Cameron Cushman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out for a long night in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Tried a bunch of new stuff and saw some interesting things. C&C Please

1-Small.jpg

2-Small.jpg

3-Small.jpg

I like the last one the best. I don't know if its my eyesight after looking that computer all day, but the first two appear a little blurry in parts. Good shots though!

30 second exposures are looooong exposures, and when there's a bit of wind going that pushes the clouds forward fast, you will get the clouds blurred, of course. The same happens with the surface of windswept water: it will no longer look rippled but foggy. Blurred. Too much motion there for the length of exposure time for things to stay sharp. I really like the effect here, for that is the passing time as opposed to the city staying still. Well done.
Only nitpick for me is the wide open aperture, rendering each and every light source as a big blob without any definition, but that's about all. The cloud movement would not have shown that well with a smaller aperture (photos would have been darker), unless you had gone to bulb exposure, of course. That's something you might want to try next time, maybe? Smaller aperture and bulb exposure?

nice, i like 3 the best, it almost looks like sand.

awesome captures!

i like number one and of course number three is spectacular :)

That first shot is very cool! The little thing in the bottom right is distracting, but otherwise a very interesting shot. :thumbup:

you've captured some really nice colour in the first two and I like the cloud movement also...softness in the buildings and light sources let them down a bit. The last image is very very nice indeed.

first two are nice (great colors) but like said, a smaller aperture would have given you less blown highlights and nice starpatterns in your (street)lights. don't worry about your photo being a bit dark afterward, you can always crank up the clarity in photoshop in post-process.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back