Timelapse issue take 2!

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I posted a little while back When I had an odd flicker problem with a timelapse that I created in LR with the plugin. I tried to make another and came across the same issue. Right about half way or 60% it seems to clear up. Im not sure what happened with the crop thing in the beggining. Im still new to this so does Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
It was shot manual RAW
ISO100
2.5 seconds
F/8
10 stop filter
All photos are the same. I dont believe I had in camera long exposure NR on either.
I really want to try and figure out what Im doing wrong here. It's about to be thunderstorm season!

Just to add the 1st time was with my canon 1000D and TLr -
this time is with a 7DII and LrCC

Last edited:
I've not come across this issue before, but it looks like you are losing every other frame or so in the sequence. I assume that when you captured the sequence with the camera you were not getting any interval issues, for example, using a memory card that is is too slow or an interval that is too short which can cause the camera to miss shots when the internal buffer fills up.

What plugin are you using with Lightroom? It is strange how it sorts itself out towards the end. This makes my think its more a rendering problem or an incompatible export setting.

I use Lightroom and LRTimelapse to process the raw/dng files, but before i do any processing, I rename all of the photos and use a four digit number at the end (eg. 0001-0346 etc). If I leave the filenames as the camera sets them, sometimes i get issues importing the footage as a raw sequence into after effects.

I could never get the results I wanted using Lightroom to export slideshow videos. Although, LRTimelapse comes with an export plugin which is much easier to use and does provide a simple workflow for exporting video out of lightroom.

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

that is some of the worst flicker I have ever seen. What aperture were you using while shooting this? Stopping down to like f16-f22 can cause really bad flicker, but this is really bad. Dropped frames would probably just make the lapse look jumpy, not cause flicker. I think I mentioned this last time you posted, but download the free version of LRtimelapse. It's way more intuitive than trying to render a lapse only using LR, and will help fix flicker (although I've never seen it this bad).

Most reactions

Back