Timelapse tools

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
any other suggestions? Anyone have experience with sliders?

dak - I recommend a 2-for-1 combination slider/dolly such as the $129 Kamerar SD-1 "Superdolly". The Kamerar combines a tabletop skater dolly and their stationary 23" slider to create a great hybrid product.

Here's a video from Kamerar showing it in operation:

Hope this is helpful and best of the holidays,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're technically minded, or if you're patient and willing to work with me as an indie hardware inventor, I'd be happy to get you a MakerSlider for <$400. It's still in early development phase, so I'd only jump in if you're an "early adopter" type, but with a working prototype and a lot of hard-earned knowledge in building a pocket dolly / camera slider, I think it would be a win/win.

I saw a timelapse slider that someone made from Raspberry Pi. If you don't know what that is, it's probably too advanced for you - I know for me that it's a little over my head. I'll try to find it - hopefully it's got some good instructions.

Note: Found it.

Site/Instructions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make one out of a skate board....bet you still have one, just cinch the trucks tight put a camera mount in center and you are good to go

But it's a timelapse... meaning it'll need to be automated. Unless the OP is just looking for a slider?

Here's a video on making a non motorized slider. My next video will be on working out a time lapse motor drive for this slider.

Camera Slider Fabrication DIY
<>

Resurrected by spam I should think.

I have seen this thread before, and there seems to be some good information in it, possibly including the post by "Photocog". The original poster is not around anymore? So what? The question is whether the posts have value. I can't really judge this topic because I have never wanted to use a track or a slider. It all seems like too much effort. But I respect the fact that other people seem willing to go to such efforts.

I would like to get a slider but don't own a skateboard and not techie enough to build my own. :)
I really see my photography going to the next level with some help.
Just spent 5 months in Grand Tetons and wow, I need some gear and a whole lotta other type help!!

Well good luck with that. I think some camera sales people are probably suddenly quite happy. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back