Times Square

Aimzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took the original image last March in NYC.
I was just playing around in photoshop the other day, trying to do something with the image, partly because I was bored, partly because I am still not sure if I like it.
I came out with this, which part of me likes, and part of me tells me it still need something else.

Any ideas or suggestions.

nycmarchtri.jpg

certainly different, what about playing with the colours, the brightness and contrast as well?

certainly different, what about playing with the colours, the brightness and contrast as well?

hmm..I shall try adjusting the brightness and contrast later tonight. If I come up with something I will post it.

Thanks everyone for comments and suggests, keep them coming!

What did you actually do to it?
Just use the glowing edges filter?

You might want to try using that filter on a new layer, and integrate the actual photo with the glowing edges as an overlay.
That will brighten it up a bit, and make it look less like the default filter setting.

Also, I think it could benefit from a boost in saturation.

Problem is that if you boosted the saturation as it is, it would make it look terrible.
There's nowhere for it to go either way except too high and too low.

Best thing to do is use the image above to effect a certain part of the original image.
Such as overlaying to boost the effect of the neon lighting.

great idea. photoshop filters are the best! you should add an part of the original picture. this might solve your problem!

Most reactions

Back