GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of them. :thumbdown:

Girlfriend and I are going to a Dali exhibition today, unfortunately I left my camera back at home. :x

Feeling v frustrated as I know there will be some very cool shots that I'll have missed out on.

Not sure if I'll be able to enjoy the exhibition as much now! :(

Lucky for my gf though, she won't have to put up with me telling her where or where not to stand and ranting about light or aperture!

Which situations have you been in and thought "damn, if only I had my camera"?

Why would you want to take photos of someone else's art anyway. I think the best way to enjoy something like this is not through the viewfinder of your camera but with your own eyes.

At work a few weeks ago. 3 giant pumps in the hydrocracking complex of our refinery tripped and when something like that happens they need to relieve the pressure in the system. So they dumped a truckload of hydrocarbons under pressure into the emergency flare. There's nothing like seeing a 20m high flame come off a 20m high structure in the middle of an oil refinery.

Actually i wish I had marshmallows too.

At campus on thursday after the shooting......

I looked at a photostream of about 50 pictures and it almost broke me down emotionally... I really wish i could have provided something like that for others to share. This is one of the reasons i love this art so much....

well, not having my camera and being on lockdown in my dorm room.

All the time actually. At least it used to be that. Now I always carry some form of camera on me, either my small Powershot or one of my SLR's. It's just a thing I have to do I think. As I've always had the philosophy that I shoot what I see, it's handy to always have a camera around.

But still, I remember moments where I thought "damn, should have had a camera" But mostly, these are moments of extreme happyness or fun with others that I would like to record, and not for the quality of the image itself, but for the memory of it. The things I regret not photographing are moments of personal feelings and human spirit rather than nature's wonders and fantastic scenery, as I'll always find another great sunrise. But the news of a newborn baby or a dead loved one never comes again in the same way, and I miss not having images of moments like that.

always got a camera never without it

An adjustable pocket camera is very useful. Leica and Sony have some interesting ones.

skieur

It's a very rare occation when I find my self with out a camera. So rare in fact I don't worry about not having one if the need arises. I almost always have at least one with me, if not two or three. lol I was at work when I took this spur of the moment snap.

often, when i go running, i see some nice wildlife or just nice scenes with light and trees and all .. but i never have my camera when running ;) .. too bad actually!

On the way to work this morning the sun came up over the mountain very nicely and I wished I had it in the car.

I love photographing people at art exhibits.

Thats my distinction exactly. :)

I love to go to art exhibits with the camera, not to capture the art, but the people's reaction to the art. Many is the time I wished I had my camera with me in those circumstances.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back