Tin Type

Scott WRG Editor said:
terri said:
hobbes28 said:
Terri, Orie....You two aren't allowed to talk about stuff like this anymore. At least not until I get the stuff for the lifts and can produce a few of them. :D
I really do like the tin prints. I would love to do one in an old box camera and see how it came out, too.

Hear that, Orie?? We're being artistically repressed by a mod! :eek:

Hey! Everyone! Did you see him repressing us?? :p

He's not my king, I didn't vote for him.... :)

:wink:

Love Jill Enfield, Orie! I've had that book for a while. Her infrared images are sublime! :D

And she is a very talented hand colorist. :sillysmi:

I did find her chapter on the Polaroid processes a bit simplistic, however. :wink:

hobbes28 said:
Who would you recommend for Polaroid processes? I reallly want to start other Polaroid techniques.

Kathleen Thormod Carr writes in great detail about Polaroid. Her book on SX-70 manipulations is wonderful fun. You wouldn't need it for basic technique, since you have that well in hand, Mis-tah Hobbes, but there is a great section on various Land cameras you might find interesting, as well as artistic ideas, and a gallery of artists who have done amazing things with it.

She has a book on transfers and lifts that's pretty good, too. A quick Amazon search would probably bring her up, plus other artist's books on the same subject. :D I'd love to see you getting into it more, since you're so good at the SX-70 stuff. I'm betting your stuff would be great!

:shock: Thanks Auntie Terri!!! I would love to get some more various Polaroids to shoot with. It's in my blood now. :D I think the next thing I'll do is get a daylab and some bases so I can do the manips and start some lifts.

hobbes28 said:
:shock: Thanks Auntie Terri!!! I would love to get some more various Polaroids to shoot with. It's in my blood now. :D I think the next thing I'll do is get a daylab and some bases so I can do the manips and start some lifts.

bwahahaha!!!! Start saving your pennies....you have been overcome by the P-bug! :twisted: B&H has the best prices I've seen....you won't want ot buy from Daylab Corp or Polaroid. You'll LOVE having the SX-70 base and being able to shoot slide film while ultimately thinking Polaroid manipulation. Take a deep breath, cause none of it is cheap, but for me it's the most creative outlet on the planet. :cheer:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back