Tiny Planets

Green Planet

8468349576_3e6abef07b_z.jpg

Ah, CRUD...like I don't have ENOUGH distractions already without becoming fascinated with THESE and obsessed about how to create one. :lmao:
Even after watching a couple of tutorials though, I'm not really sure I get how to fix all the places where it doesn't match up. I suspect it's beyond my PS skills--which doesn't really take much.

Thought I'd try something different than a landscape using the technique...

Tiny Planet, half-submerged, with a stranded spider:

Stranded_Spider_2282.jpg

:)

THIS might be just about the coolest thing EVER. :D

Ah, CRUD...like I don't have ENOUGH distractions already without becoming fascinated with THESE and obsessed about how to create one. :lmao:
Even after watching a couple of tutorials though, I'm not really sure I get how to fix all the places where it doesn't match up. I suspect it's beyond my PS skills--which doesn't really take much.

So far here's where I figured out to start - if you aren't doing a mirror image like my second (pretty much guarantees a match), open the photo and use the grid overlay. Then use the distort to make sure your horizon line lines up at either edge of the photo. If you look at the first one I posted, I didn't do that and the railing at the top of the circle doesn't line up.

Had a little bash at this myself, Obviously it takes the right sort of shot to begin with, and i did find that to create a perfect join (size, not detail) the width should be 3.141592 times longer than the height (that'll be Pi then in case you wondered)
After a few failed attempts i managed these. They are quite addictive though...

$Manhattan rs.jpg$Tiny Worlds 01 rs.jpg

Still messing with these :)

8468562226_aa8bfb1e2d_c.jpg

I've been playing with these again and working on fixing the striations in the corners.

IMG_4355a by breckmiller, on Flickr

2. Yes, the shed really does sit almost as close to the cliffs as this edit makes it appear.

IMG_4359a by breckmiller, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back