Tips for a film noobie?

You can come pretty close to a fisheye with a wide angle adapter lens on the front of a normal wide angle. I used one from a VHS camcorder on a 28-80 zoom. If I stopped down to f8 it was very sharp.

I'm not sure what you mean by wide angle adapter lens. Could you post a link to one?

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F running SD_ALPHA_3 rom using Tapatalk HD

Looks like the site is down right now.

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F running BareBones V7 rom using Tapatalk HD

My new tips is to get a light meter if you are shooting film. You need to learn how to meter light properly (not reflective metering, but get an incident reading). Will help make your photographs that much better.

My new tips is to get a light meter if you are shooting film.
You need to learn how to meter light properly

Even if your not shootings film and you are shooting digital you need to know how to properly meter your exposure.

You need to learn how to meter light properly (not reflective metering, but get an incident reading). Will help make your photographs that much better.

Why not reflective metering? An incident meter is not going to do you any good when photographing a landscape where your subject is far a way.

You really should know how to use both. A incident and spot (reflective) meter.

Even with wide landscape incident is better than regular reflective. Even 3D matrix may be fooled. However spot metering is a bit more complicated, requires some knowledge of zone system to make conscious choices. Not, that this is anything like Free Masons secret.

Even with wide landscape incident is better than regular reflective. Even 3D matrix may be fooled. However spot metering is a bit more complicated, requires some knowledge of zone system to make conscious choices. Not, that this is anything like Free Masons secret.

Spot metering and the zone system are really quite easy. I don't know why so many people who shoot landscapes ether feel intimidated by it or don't think it is relevant anymore.

A wide angle adapter is a lens system that is usually made for a camera with non-interchangeable lenses. The old VHS cameras had large enough adapters that they would fit onto most 35mm camera lenses using series mounting rings. They are available cheap in used camera stores that haven't thrown them out yet.

Most reactions

Back