Tips for cut-out images

No, I mean that your white background falls to exactly 255, and no more. Going higher is begging for edge bloom issues. With my scan back, I can create a response profile as well, in essence reproducing film curves if I wish. With difficult shots, this can make life easier as I can ease the shoulder to allow a slower transition to white. (helpful with light colored objects).

Edge refinement can be used for any selection process, pen, magic wand, etc. it just allows an easy way to smooth and (if desired) feather.

We all develop methods that work best for us, I find that my workflow is easiest for me, and it takes me maybe 10-30 seconds to cut out a product, create an alpha channel and save.

typically, catalog work, 1/4 page or so though full page isn't uncommon.

Can you post an image? I'm really interested to see the results you can get with the Magic Wand tool.

As a general rule, I dont' post clients pictures. I will be shooting this week and can shoot a demo to demonstrate though.

I understand about not wanting to post clients images. That would be great if you shoot and post a demo.

yes, in InDesign, as well as Quark and Corel, one can choose a clipping path as either color based, or choose a layer,...

Please be patient with me. I really want to "get" this.

I've done some basic work in Quark, and I remember having the program clip uh.... none white areas?.... something like that. But what has been the most reliable for me it to use an embedded path.

So... if you would... once more for me.... How do I get a clipping path embedded into an EPS file from an alpha channel?

Thanks much.

-Pete

Pete,
I don't use eps files for images, I use a tif file and I include the alpha channel when I save it. I only use eps files for vector flies. I'm an old school kind of guy, and I use vector formats for vector images, and bitmap formats for images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back