.:::Tips?Tricks?Hints?Rules?Info?:::.

Gsurf1029

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know a good website for beginners in digital photography? Like help with exposure, ISO, shutter speed, composition help, ect.?

This has probably been asked alot, but im just looking for info to read up on that will improve my photography.

Thanks!

Right here! Also, a highly recommended book is Understanding Exposure, by Brian Paterson I believe. It may be available online, not sure. Search some threads here and you'll find plenty.

wow thanks for the replies!
ill deff. chech out that book

I also found "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby very helpful. Im still a noob myself and I found the book very easy to understand since its written more in laymans terms than tech speak.

Have a look at the links in my signature. :)

If you google it, you will get THOUSANDS of sites to look at for free.

The book UNDERSTANDING EXPOSURE by Bryon Peterson should be a mandatory read for all new photographers.

Along with those guy's (and gal's?) suggestions, I have uploaded my bookmarks that I collected since I bought my camera. The first 2 links within this link is what I first read when I got my camera. I uploaded the list specifically for the reason of your thread. Check them out.

http://www.geocities.com/mrodg88/Photography_Links.html

This is a link to a website with some free lessons. I have only looked at a couple but really liked what and how they were taught. You will need to scroll down a little to get to the lessons. Good luck.

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php

The book UNDERSTANDING EXPOSURE by Bryon Peterson should be a mandatory read for all new photographers.

I Agree 100% with Jerry. I have the book and it helped me a lot to understand the basics of photography. Amazon sells it for about 16 bucks, check it out.
Additionally I have Nikon D40/D40x Digital Field Guide by David Bush, which helped me a lot to get the most of my D40. It is a lot easier to read than the camera's manual.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back