Titles

I'm thinking of positive in terms of helpful, constructive, good, useful, etc... Perhaps definition #5 below is your understanding of what positive means to you. :biglaugh:

pos·i·tive /ˈpɒzɪtɪv/ –adjective
1. explicitly stated, stipulated, or expressed: a positive acceptance of the agreement.
2. admitting of no question: positive proof.
3. stated; express; emphatic: a positive denial.
4. confident in opinion or assertion; fully assured: He is positive that he will win the contest.
5. overconfident or dogmatic: The less he knows, the more positive he gets.

Go complain to someone else. I'm not going anywhere until I get banned.

Go complain to someone else. I'm not going anywhere until I get banned.

Any site owner would be absolutely crazy to ban you Max. You give life, enthusiasm, humour, experience, and expertise to any site and not necessarily in that order.

Even when I disagree with you, I have to chuckle and realize that you are often at least a little bit correct.

skieur

I actually don't know much about anything having to do with photography. In fact, this happened to me several times last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Max... Lately you have been VERY positive and helpful... I have found you brutally honest like you say.. but I like that .. !

I actually don't know much about anything having to do with photography. In fact, THIS happened to me several times last week.

:lol::lol: Yes, some of my memories include almost getting thrown out of an open cockpit plane without a parachute, almost falling off the edge of a canyon, getting attacked by an aggressive crocodile, getting lost in minus 40 degree temperatures for 7 hours, and getting into an almost violent political confrontation.

skieur

oops. I just gave one a cheesy and misleading title.

Misleading? That sounds interesting, actually.

Hmmm, did I really just take up time to read all of that? What was I thinking. Alrighty then. Let me just get out my cabinet and file this under "who gives a flying f*#k!'

I am just going to sit and enjoy the sillyness of my "MMMMMM! Jolly Rancher!!" title ;)

Can I rant for a minute about cheesy, inane, inappropriate, shallow, misplaced, stupid, conventional, forced, boring, and otherwise meaningless titles that people give to their photographs?

STOP DOING THAT.

If you disagree with me, you're one of them.

Thank you. That is all.

Im going to have to disagree with you also, in the world of professional photojournalism every photo has to have a headline and a caption. And with my expirence the photos with the catchy sometime corny titles goes further in the news people will read the title and may catch their attention and will look at the photo, if the photo is good it will go far. But hey what do I know, I only have my photos published in a few dozen magazines some photos shown on Fox news and so on.

I don't title my photos but if I did, it would go something like this...

Subject: Girl with cat Title: Gat.
Subject: Fish in air. Title: Fair

and so on and so forth. Doctor Suess would be proud. :)

On a real note: If you want to name your Photos go right ahead. No one is stopping you and personally they should not care.

Im going to have to disagree with you also, in the world of professional photojournalism every photo has to have a headline and a caption. And with my expirence the photos with the catchy sometime corny titles goes further in the news people will read the title and may catch their attention and will look at the photo, if the photo is good it will go far. But hey what do I know, I only have my photos published in a few dozen magazines some photos shown on Fox news and so on.

Who said anything about "the world of professional photojournalism?"

I enloy max's uncensored views on things, although one thing I would like to see is some work psoted by max that he feels is good, how about it. you give a lot of critism but I think we need to see some of your personal work so we know if this critism is coming from someone who can take a decent photo or if its just the ramblings of an angry man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back