Titles

i too would like to see max's pics.

ive seen a couple as i looked back on his posts and well not much to shout about i can tell you

All in good time. I'll scrounge up a couple to post if it means that much to you.

I've made my peace with criticism, but there are enough people on this board who legitimately hate me that I don't often post. People who hate me will continue to do so. In fact, if I did happen to post something brilliant (not that I have anything brilliant), that would be just another blow to them. It's a lose-lose situation as far as my relationship to those people is concerned. I've never refused a PM to see some of my work, though. But people who dislike me aren't interested in that. They'd rather make a public spectacle of it.

All in good time. I'll scrounge up a couple to post if it means that much to you.

I've made my peace with criticism, but there are enough people on this board who legitimately hate me that I don't often post. People who hate me will continue to do so. In fact, if I did happen to post something brilliant (not that I have anything brilliant), that would be just another blow to them. It's a lose-lose situation as far as my relationship to those people is concerned. I've never refused a PM to see some of my work, though. But people who dislike me aren't interested in that. They'd rather make a public spectacle of it.
PM me some of your work! I'm really interested.

I don't think people really would hate you if you make your sarcastic undertones more obvious (actually screw that, people should be more sensitive to humour!). I myself am starting to find your posts humorous and informative.

That's the thing...a good bit of it is earnest, however sarcastic, harsh, or rude.

For sure, whatever cause people here have to love or hate me has only been brought on by myself. But regardless of that, would you want to post your work where you'll get some good responses but can also count on a lot of people to turn out and trash it no matter what?

That's the thing...a good bit of it is earnest, however sarcastic, harsh, or rude.

For sure, whatever cause people here have to love or hate me has only been brought on by myself. But regardless of that, would you want to post your work where you'll get some good responses but can also count on a lot of people to turn out and trash it no matter what?

Good point, Max. That is exactly what would happen. That is why some experienced phtographers don't take posting photos very seriously.

skieur

Then why post them at all?

Max you gave the impression of not really caring about what others may think of you or your work and I like that about you, but I guess I was wrong.

I didn't mean to put max on the chopping block, like I said I like his comments they are real and no just "great shot" "I love the colors" etc. If your going to post something it might as well add value to the person asking for comments whether it be positive or negative.
I would just like to see some of your work and I dont think people should bash it if it is indeed good. Anyone who trashes a photo just because they do not agree with the person who took it is clearly not honest with themselves and should be disregarded.

I title photos for easy reference.
People have more chance of remembering the name of my photo if i give it a title than if I left it with an ID number.
My titles aren't usually stupid, but have something to do with the photo.

Max you gave the impression of not really caring about what others may think of you or your work and I like that about you, but I guess I was wrong.

The shxt storm isn't personally injurious. It's just annoying. I don't not post my work because I'm scared of what anyone has to say. I don't post because I don't care.

A few of you seem to be saying, "well if you don't care, then what's the harm in posting?" Well, there isn't really any harm. But that also means there's no reason to do so in the first place. What impetus do I have to post if I don't care what most people have to say in response? I solicit opinions from people who I trust will give substantive responses, and that's enough for me. You don't have to listen to me, either.

Max: when are you going to put up a new avatar? That weird little troll is annoying....not unlike yourself, at times. How about a cheesy self portrait?

I like you just fine, big mouth and all. :hug:: But then, I can ban you if you tick me off.

Still puzzles me why the people you annoy don't take advantage of their "Ignore user" selection. They'd rather read your crap and then take a snipe in return. Ho-hum.

cheesy, inane, inappropriate, shallow, misplaced, stupid, conventional, forced, boring, and otherwise meaningless titles that people give to their photographs
Mine are merely trite. :mrgreen:

dear max,

i can honestly say i dont like your posts much and i think you are tactless. i cannot say i dont like you cause i dont know you but i can say if you post a pic i like will will say so, just cause i dont care for your attitude i am not so shallow or childish to say your photo is rubbish if clearly it is not.

jols:mrgreen:

Max: when are you going to put up a new avatar? That weird little troll is annoying....not unlike yourself, at times. How about a cheesy self portrait?

I like you just fine, big mouth and all. :hug:: But then, I can ban you if you tick me off.

Still puzzles me why the people you annoy don't take advantage of their "Ignore user" selection. They'd rather read your crap and then take a snipe in return. Ho-hum.

Mine are merely trite. :mrgreen:

Aww come on. It's the Truffle Shuffle! Who doesn't like the Goonies? If it bothers you that much, I'll pick a new avatar.

I think the whole thing is rather funny, actually. I get accused of going around tactlessly bashing photos that I think are poorly thought-out and technically mediocre, and then the people who took those photos wonder why I don't want their opinions :er: .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back