TLR Treasure Chest! I need help!

I've taken some photos of objects and the results are
grey.png
not satisfactory because some light effects that interfere with and it's very annoying.

Regardless of which TLR you choose, they should have clean fungus free glass, run 120 film, and shutters should fire properly.

Light leaks due to seals are easy to fix yourself but the bellows should be checked carefully using a bright light inside the camera in a darkroom, that can run into a nice chunk of change to replace.

Everything else is cosmetic and has no effect on the image.

Aren't they all just so beautiful?

So how many did you buy? Little Rock is not all that far from here ... lol.

I only bought one. It took me maybe an hour to pick it out. The shutter and aperture blades all seem to be in good condition. It's missing the mirror in the top but I should be able to just replace it. Hopefully...

Nice! How much was the Ciro-Flex... with case?

Is that thing as large as it appears to be??? I mean, it looks positively huge!

You got yourself a good deal. Once you get to open the viewfinder to replce the mirror, you'll be able to clean the screen n blow out the cob webs, then she'll be street ready.

Hope to see some of your pics soon?

BTW what are the dimensions of your mirror? I have a few first surface mirrors I cut that aren't exactly perfect shaped but will serve the same porpous if it fis your camera.

BTW what are the dimensions of your mirror? I have a few first surface mirrors I cut that aren't exactly perfect shaped but will serve the same porpous if it fis your camera.
It's a trapezoid shape. It's approx 2.25" at the top, 2.5" at the base and approx 2.5" long through the center. I didn't cut a trapezoid shape though, I just cut a rectangle.

You'll have lots of fun with it. They have pretty good optics and are a solid camera. A friend of mine has one and the pictures are quite sharp. $35 was a great deal!

It's a trapezoid shape. It's approx 2.25" at the top, 2.5" at the base and approx 2.5" long through the center. I didn't cut a trapezoid shape though, I just cut a rectangle.

A thriftstore polaroid is a good source for a donor mirror is you want to cut one. Head over to the boards at graflex.org. Folks there will be able to help you with a mirror replacement. Or, PM me and I will measure mine.

Just any old Polaroid?

Most reactions

Back