"" TO E-VASE-IVE ?? ""

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
  • Focal length: 61.5mm (35mm equivalent: 240mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.092 s (1/11)
  • Aperture: f/4.2
  • ISO equiv.: 50
Heres a shot done with Window Light/ Black Backdrop, and a Ton of Zoom..

Now with the Dark Vase, it was easy to hide it, which I wanted to do , and put the focus more or less on the flowers, and colors...

So, as Title suggests, Is it tooooo E- VASE - IVE, without the Vase ??
Does this crop work for you??

vase2.jpg

i like it. the only thing i would change is i would remove the metal ring around the neck of the bottle / vase, or maybe darken it so it is a little more subtle. i cant figure out if not having it would adversely effect the shot, so thats why i thought darkening it to make it less of a focal point might work.

Thanks John... I kind of liked the tin band, it at least showed the bottle was present... was afraid without it , the bottle would be to faint ?? but like your idea of dulling it some ! Again Thanks for commenting..

Sage Thanks , was happy with the color myself.. appreciate it!

For the crop...I'd bring the right side in just a hair. The reason I say that is it looks a little too heavy on the left. That big open negative space on the upper right side doesn't work for me.

As far as the vase....I think I either want to see the vase or not see it at all. The vase looks like its a glass bottle of some sort. I love the odd things that people find for vases when they are recycling everyday object. I think it might add to it.

Timbo... thanks for commenting.... correct on the bottle... LOL... I wanted something dark, so I could blend it into the dark background... as said, i first wanted a floating flower affect, but was unhappy with that... sooooo stuck very little of bottle in....
I also see what your saying on the crop..and that would work,,, but maybe I needed one more flower in that area,,lol... Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back