To let edit or not to let edit.

Well Im glad you got something out of this. It makes my heart sing to know I've been of help. I think many things that have been said have been blown out of proportion. All Im saying is that people who have such a high regard for their photos should take another look at them and reconsider the pedestal on which they have been placed. Dont ask for help or a C&C while they are on that pedestal because once in a while a mistake will be made and an edit might be made to one of them. I truly wish I was on the ignore list of every person who has their pics on the pedestal. Im not interested in seeing their stuff and Im not interested in them reading anything I have to say. Id like to think that like minded folk with a good attitude is more enjoyable to be around and share our ideas and suggestions with than stuffed shirts with blown up egos.

I don't know that so much has been blown out of proportion. You've called people egomaniacs and arrogant because they simply would prefer their photos not be edited. You insinuated that I am a former (or current) drug addict because I don't agree with you. That's not blowing things out of proportion at all.

Aahh, dont worry fjrabon if it wasnt drugs its probably A.D.D. Sorry, but I cant play any more. Its my birthday and Im off for a birthday bash with my kids. Have a good one.

Okay wow yeah. Now that, that is all done. Does anyone else have anything to say on topic? Sorry I got dragged into that everyone. So lets get back to the topic at hand. Unless you think its talked out then I'd say lock this thread up.

Forkie said:
Why do you have yours set to "Not OK to Edit" Traveller?

It would seem odd that you were surprised that someone didn't want you to edit theirs when you don't allow people to edit yours. Aren't us Not-OK-to-Editers all part of the same ego time-bomb?

Thats an interesting point Forkie. Many times Ive seen edited shots by those who dont allow edits on their pics but dont have a problem editing others pics. I would think they wouldnt and shouldnt do it because they should have the same respect for the work of others that they have of their own. I think that having a choice to allow editing or not divides a site more than it unites it.

I don't let my pictures be edited because, to be scathingly honest, I don't have anything to learn about composition or PPing from the greatest proportion of people here - and those are the very people who like to 'mess around' with pictures.
I post images to get feedback and critique and I'm happy to hear what people think but I don't want them learning on my stuff.

If you will note that there are at least two fairly experienced posters here who, very democratically, allow their images to be edited - but of course they don't post any.

Anyone who wants or expects exact equality should look to others for comments.

Happy?

it's not my place to point out people that behave badly according to my standards.

I participate the way that I think I should.

Okay so I am new here. I've been on other forums in the past but came across the app for my Iphone so I downloaded and joined. Nothing special. Well I've run into something I haven't run into on the other forums. A dilemma of whether or not to set my photos as OK to edit or NOT OK to edit. While I understand the concept of letting others show you what they would do or help you edit the photo. I also understand the idea of wanting to do it yourself. Letting people tell you how or what can be done and using their advice and guidance to figure it out.
So my question here is.... Why do or don't you? Is it really necessary to have someone edit it to show you how to do the edit? Why aren't you willing to let someone edit your photo to help you?
I'm just wondering. I have mine set to not edit cause that's how I have always had it set. I like to try the edit as opposed to someone else doing it to show me how. I'm not opposed to someone helping me if I have tried and failed. So that's just my question. Hoping it doesn't lead to a heated hateful debate just want to know the general feeling of those in this forum.

In my experience, the bulk of people who have flagged "My Photos are NOT OK to Edit" are people who need the most help with their pictures. Very occasionally, they are folks who have big chips on their shoulders and are often not well loved. Even less often, it's people who really know what they're doing and would just prefer not to waste time having people re-interpret their artistic work for them.

If you're not sure, my guess is you're less experienced. Just leave it OK to edit.

Most reactions

Back