To Paint Shop Pro or not to Paint Shop Pro???

Blackswann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys

This is a picture of Tintern Abbey in South Wales, UK. At the time of taking the picture there is alot of restoration work being done on the right side of the Abbey.... I've tried to mask this by using the other ruins in the picture but unfortunately the weather couldn't be covered.... who says the camera doesn't lie!!!!

TinternAbbey2.jpg

Since the weather was its usual drab and boring self I tried to spruce the first one up with Paint Shop Pro 8... should I have bothered?

TinternAbbey2BlueSkySmall.jpg

The abbey ruin is very nice, and you found a good angle. But I don't go for the sun and the blue sky. The fake sunbeams disturbs the abbey part of the pic.
Maybe you should try a blue sky without the sun and the sunbeams.
If you decide to do something to the pic post it again so we can see how it ended up :)

More natural changes would have been better. It's too easy to see that the edited version is fake. I like the original, though. :)

You've put a lot of effort into that. But I have to agree, you've over done it a bit. Please don't worry or be dismayed by these comments. In a few months time, after you've spent lots of time editing, you'll see exactly what we mean. But, you have to do things like the picture you've posted to find out where the boundaries are in terms of "over doing something".

If you've saved the psp file I'd open it up, get rid of the starburst and tone down the colours slightly so it is nearer to the original. Give it a go and then compare the two and tell us which you like best. And don't be afraid to tell us we're idiots and you prefer your edit. :mrgreen:It is your edit after all.

I think the bad weather kinda goes with the picture. I mean ruins are sota bleak (not the picture but just the concept) so it seems realy fitting to have dark weather to go with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back