To the Island

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Need your feedback, worked on this picture for a while.
Took it today and I want to know if you like it, if I needed to do something different.

AE1_1961_zpsc2f02f07.jpg

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything there.

The boat is so small that you may as well clone it out - the bird(?) too.
That leaves a very black island with no detail and some sort of double imaging artifact going on around it.
The rest of the photo is soft and the left half is darker than the right.
The horizon is slanted or there is distortion causing a slope downward on the right.

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything there.

The boat is so small that you may as well clone it out - the bird(?) too.
That leaves a very black island with no detail and some sort of double imaging artifact going on around it.
The rest of the photo is soft and the left half is darker than the right.
The horizon is slanted or there is distortion causing a slope downward on the right.
Thank you for the honest feedback, the picture was very blahhh and I tried to play with it and actually liked the results but I guess sometimes you cant beat a good composed picture.

Well back to the drowing board and again thank you for the helpful feedback :)

it's nothing special, and the haloing effect after post makes it all that less...

There's some technical problems as have been noted (haloing, tilt) but as a picture I kind of dig it.

I wouldn't clone the bird out, I'd move it. Not sure where, but I'd move it. The picture needs that one more little element to complete it.

Well I missed the tilt and thats easy enough to fix as for the haloing, since English is my second language I went to google to try to understand what it means.
Do you guys mean the blackning in the side of the picture ?
If so I did that, the picture was pretty boring and while playing with it in post processing I go this effect and personally kind of liked it which of course means very little me being a novice and all but I believe the best way to learn is play with camera and software, make mistakes and learn from them.

Again all your feedbacks are very helpful and greatly appreciative!!!

We mean the blackening in the sky over the island. If you look closely, you'll see a strange blackish outline around the top edge of the island. That's a "halo" which is any sort of soft/blurry/outline kind of thing.

You can get it by over-using sharpening filters, or by using HDR techniques, or some other things.

We mean the blackening in the sky over the island. If you look closely, you'll see a strange blackish outline around the top edge of the island. That's a "halo" which is any sort of soft/blurry/outline kind of thing.

You can get it by over-using sharpening filters, or by using HDR techniques, or some other things.
Hmmm I can hardly see that, I just used a lot of contrast, getting the island black and in the process the sky more interesting, anyways thanks for clarifying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back