To Whom or What Are you Brand Loyal to?

Tumi, Marriott, and Levenger are the only brands I can think of that I'll really go out of my way for. And Marriott is only because that's where my status is, I've been Platinum for about 5 years now. Sony is the only brand I can think of that I'll specifically go out of my way to avoid. Interesting how often they've come up in this thread.

And Marriott is only because that's where my status is, I've been Platinum for about 5 years now.

I'm rocking the Platinum Elite as well so it's definitely an easy sell but I do feel their customer service is top notch and it's always a postive experience.

Derrel- I saw your loyalty to Snickers. I'm born and raised from Hershey, PA. I did not eat my first Snickers (Mars Co) until I turned 18 and left home. :lol:

Apple
BMW
Nikon
Domke
Gaspari Protein
Splenda
Junk Food T-Shirts
Converse Chuck Taylor

And Marriott is only because that's where my status is, I've been Platinum for about 5 years now.

I'm rocking the Platinum Elite as well so it's definitely an easy sell but I do feel their customer service is top notch and it's always a postive experience.

Yeah I have to agree, I've always had good luck with them. My family's stay at the Grand Cayman Marriott was one of the best customer service experiences of my life, from any company in any industry.

Why has Sony got such a bad name? Didn't they buy the photographic part of Konica/Minolta? I always thought these made very decent cameras/lenses.

Why has Sony got such a bad name? Didn't they buy the photographic part of Konica/Minolta? I always thought these made very decent cameras/lenses.

I went to the "SONY store" at a big regional shopping mall this weekend, and walked in and right to the d-slr counter, which is a two-piece, circular sales counter. Inside the circle were two sales associates, one in his late 30's to his early 40's, another in his late 20's. I stopped and looked at the Sony products, and BOTH sales associates WALKED OUT of the area, without even turning around to look at me nor to even say "Hello, welcome to the Sony store," or to even GLANCE in my direction. These two A-holes were within 5 feet of me, and they were yakking to one another....I had walked RIGHT PAST them, and within 10 feet of them, on my way in. I took my iPhone out and checked the time: 2:11 PM. I stayed there at the counter, going down the line of products. Another customer entered, and walked past me, and up to the video camera sales area behind me. A salesman greeted him. "Hi! How can I help you today,sir?" he asked. This customer had been there for maybe FIVE seconds. I turned around and looked at the customer and the sales associate, then turned back to the camera case FILLED with SONY d-slr bodies. After about a five to six minute stand-around, an older sales associate, Sam, approached me. I told him I was irritated by the lack of sales effort, and the fact that TWO salesmen had stood not five feet from me, and both had WALKED OUT ON ME, without greeting me, or even turning to face me...and that then another sales associate had helped a guy who walked in, while he had ignored ME for some time. PATHETIC sales effort!!! On the part of three associates!

THIS might be an example of why SONY has such a bad reputation. Of course, it could also be the company's previous efforts to establish ridiculous proprietary standards, like the Memory Stick memory format, or the Betamax video tape format, or the way it tried to enforce 100% sales price uniformity across the entire network of dealers some years back...it's hard to say...but SONY has developed a "reputation"...let's just say that...

Used to be extremely loyal to Sony. Then I had one faulty tv, stereo and speakers all in one year and things quickly changed.

Not really loyal to anything now. Maybe Apple products.

Trojan
Southwest Airlines

This one time, although not a band camp, durex gave me the biggest scare of my life! Durex FTL Trojan FTW

I went to the "SONY store" at a big regional shopping mall this weekend, and walked in and right to the d-slr counter, which is a two-piece, circular sales counter. Inside the circle were two sales associates, one in his late 30's to his early 40's, another in his late 20's. I stopped and looked at the Sony products, and BOTH sales associates WALKED OUT of the area, without even turning around to look at me nor to even say "Hello, welcome to the Sony store," or to even GLANCE in my direction. These two A-holes were within 5 feet of me, and they were yakking to one another....I had walked RIGHT PAST them, and within 10 feet of them, on my way in. I took my iPhone out and checked the time: 2:11 PM. I stayed there at the counter, going down the line of products. Another customer entered, and walked past me, and up to the video camera sales area behind me. A salesman greeted him. "Hi! How can I help you today,sir?" he asked. This customer had been there for maybe FIVE seconds. I turned around and looked at the customer and the sales associate, then turned back to the camera case FILLED with SONY d-slr bodies. After about a five to six minute stand-around, an older sales associate, Sam, approached me. I told him I was irritated by the lack of sales effort, and the fact that TWO salesmen had stood not five feet from me, and both had WALKED OUT ON ME, without greeting me, or even turning to face me...and that then another sales associate had helped a guy who walked in, while he had ignored ME for some time. PATHETIC sales effort!!! On the part of three associates!

THIS might be an example of why SONY has such a bad reputation. Of course, it could also be the company's previous efforts to establish ridiculous proprietary standards, like the Memory Stick memory format, or the Betamax video tape format, or the way it tried to enforce 100% sales price uniformity across the entire network of dealers some years back...it's hard to say...but SONY has developed a "reputation"...let's just say that...

Ah, I see. Well, I expect Sony have trained their staff to spot and ignore serious photographers on the basis that they aren't likely to buy one of their cameras anyway.

They spotted the Nikon snob a mile away.

Ah, I see. Well, I expect Sony have trained their staff to spot and ignore serious photographers on the basis that they aren't likely to buy one of their cameras anyway.

^^That^^

My opinion of Sony has nothing to do with their photography equipment, in fact I avoided them long before I ever got into photography. It's their desire to do stupid things for their own benefit while so clearly NOT in the best interest of their customers. Memory Stick? I mean c'mon, there are other media card standards that are in broad use across the industry. What possible benefit is to me to buy a media technology that I can't use in ANY of my other non-Sony devices?

My only Sony hate is that they keep putting cheap components into things like PS2s! (seriously I think we've had something like 3 or 4 totally up and die just through normal use in my family!

Oh that and £300 for something that won't play my PS2 games and only plays PS3 ones is VASTLY overpriced.........

Most reactions

Back