Toaster

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
erm.. I guess this one needs a little (lot) explanation..

Its an abstract visualisation of a toaster, the dutch word for toaster to be exact. which is 'Brood rooster' or translated in english 'Bread Grill'

An 'air vent' in dutch is also translated with 'rooster' or 'grill' in english..

I hope my explanation was clear enough for you to get the picture.. but I guess it isnt as funny in english as it is in dutch..

anyhow, I hope you like it

BroodRooster.jpg

if not, I'll just replace it with some random picture :p your choice

Niels

Niels I got idea right away and it’s a good concept. But IMO toast is too small in proportion to the area the grill occupies in the frame, also on my monitor it looks as if needs more contrast :thumbup:[font=&quot] [/font]

Niels

I Speak Afrikaans as a home language witch is very close to Dutch. desended from it actually. We also call it a "broodrooster" and the product (toast) we call "roosterbrood" .

Question , why dit you frame the two seperatly ?
why did you not turn the "rooster" vertically and sized it to the same height as the bread ?

Hanno

Good, so the message does comes acros :)

Jeff Canes, I don't know if it needs more contrast. the histogram on this one didn't helped me much.. since there are not so many different tones. But on the 'rooster' side, inside it, its pretty dark on my monitor. and the lower edge of the 'rooster' looks about white to me. Could be my monitor though.

Too bad half a toast doesn't come any wide than this :p but I might be able to crop some off the rooster part.

Hanno, I can remember that I've had some lessons (during dutch) at school looking at some african laguages :) to see the similarities and differences. it was pretty fun :)

I framed them seperatly because I inteded to hang them on my wall like that, in two frames. And, because of the wood patern. the one with the toast on it slightly differs from the one with the 'rooster'. And also because of the wood patern I think it will look a bit strange to flip the rooster vertically.. I might do a reshoot like that :)

yah I got the idea too :) wow.. I like the concept and I like how you framed it.

Contrast is an optional. The image is a little pale IMO but that is not necessary bad or wrong

Do you have any shots with the toast positioned with the long length lying horizontal?

I like it. The idea and the execution. I like the paleness it sort of has. It lets the image talk, rather than the image itself being the main focus. If that makes sense. It's subtle.

The only thing I can think of is cutting that grill in half like you have the bread. Or at least making it look like it has been cut in half by getting rid of the white line on the left of the grill. So you've cut through the hole rather than the metal section.

Most reactions

Back