Today Photoshoot (Becky NSFW)

cauzimme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in Toronto for the week, so far i've shot 4 contracts, I still have 7 to go. Things are going very well and I'm pretty excited. I know it wont always be that busy, but still :)

24058500259_888b138917_z.jpg

24343836281_f9dee04eec_z.jpg

Bonus a gorgeous lady I shoot recently (the blur is a shame, she's simply wow)

23798167704_a152189f5d_z.jpg

24343888991_18eebdb532_z.jpg

#1 I like although it looks to me as though you have some distortion. She seems to be leaning away from the camera causing her head/shoulders to look smaller in relation to her (awesome) derrière and thighs... 'though this could just be my eyesight.

#2 and #3 I like, too. The B&W treatment works well on 3.

#4 I'm not so fond of. Not sure why, possibly I'm prejudiced by the blur (understood as to why) and I like faces.

I solidly agree with Granddad.
#1 Does have a problem distorting her shoulder and head a little, but nothing major. :)

Looks like you are doing a good job! :)

#1 I like although it looks to me as though you have some distortion. She seems to be leaning away from the camera causing her head/shoulders to look smaller in relation to her (awesome) derrière and thighs... 'though this could just be my eyesight.

#2 and #3 I like, too. The B&W treatment works well on 3.

#4 I'm not so fond of. Not sure why, possibly I'm prejudiced by the blur (understood as to why) and I like faces.

Thanks for the critic :) you are right

I solidly agree with Granddad.
#1 Does have a problem distorting her shoulder and head a little, but nothing major. :)

Looks like you are doing a good job! :)

Thanks

it seems to me that you're improving with every shoot you do... keep going :)

#2 her right leg is in weird position, pay attention next time when posing, make sure that the leg is straight, like in #3

how did you retouch them?

First of all, that's phenomenal success on your part. I tell new photographers (heck--any new business people) that you should never underestimate the power of a niche business....having contacts, a reputation, and then focusing on a very specific area of work (rather than saying "I'm a photographer--I shoot everything" or "I'm an architect--I design everything!"). The amount of business you've got is great. And that's b/c you have credibility with your client base and connections, you focus on their work, they trust you, and oh yeah, you do good work that continues to get even better. Congratulations to you--well done. Keep it up.

My C&C:

1. Love the pose. More importantly, I love the composition. You use the door to effectively frame her--it's a nice touch. With her build (lots of curves), she'd do some tremendous bodyscapes if you were in a mind to shoot those. I get the previous comments about distortion but I think that's more a combination of her build (very curvy, with big thighs and big triceps) and then her neck is tilted (so it ends up looking very short and her head looks small in comparison). This is a great example of adapting to body shape. For instance, if you did a pose you'll see in a lot of fashion shots (model forms a triangle with her arm by bringing her hand up to her head or ear) it would exaggerate the size of her triceps and make her look really chunky. Anything that stretches her out or has her stand or extends legs or arms is going to make her look thinner. I don't like the white light cover/shade in the upper left--it's distracting to me.

2. Love the post a lot. I like the concept of framing her. I wish the space/frame wasn't quite to narrow. Hanging the bra on the door handle--a lovely touch Great angle. The point about her right knee being hyperextended so it looks funny is correct--that wasn't a big issue for me but it is something to watch out for (I tend to see it more with arms--and a hyper extended or double-jointed elbow). I like the DoF decision on this. A variation on this shot that would be very lovely and work well for the nature of this work--have her glancing back over her right shoulder with a hint of a smile that seems to suggest her saying "I'm almost ready" or "I'm worth waiting for--I'll almost done."

3. Very good pose, good lighting. Yes, it mars the photo to have her face blurred like that but that's the nature of your clientele. I bet you could have achieved the same effect (with a better photo) by draping her hair over her face. Or using sunglasses. I suggest you practice with a friend who wants to play at being a model--just focus on how many ways you can obscure or light her face to hide key features without distorting the shot. For instance, #3 is high contrast, lots of shadow. Between the shadow and her hair, I bet you could have posed her so that her face would be hidden. Also, there are two things in the background I find distracting....the black pillow on the right (which at first looks like an object you did a bad job removing) and the light to the left (not as annoying but it draws my eye away from the model). Overall, a good photo that you can make better.

4. Lovely model (I know, same girl as #3). With her black (mostly) nails and lingerie, that shot screams out for a little red (scarf, pillow, lip gloss) as an accent--the one nail on each hand isn't enough. I like the angle you chose for this shot. I would blur the curtain a bit more on the right (where you see the night behind you--make it less abrupt and a bit more gradual so the curtain edge doesn't stand out so and draw attention. Two small things....her right arm seems a bit over-exposed on the tricep side. And there's a very small skin blemish between the necklace and her right arm that is easily removed.

it seems to me that you're improving with every shoot you do... keep going :)

#2 her right leg is in weird position, pay attention next time when posing, make sure that the leg is straight, like in #3

how did you retouch them?

Yes you are right I was so focus in getting her in the mirror with a nice reflexion that I forgot to look at her legs.

Thank you, they all have different treaments (same for same outfit)
But I usually smooth the skin using frequency separation, dodge and burn, a bit of bodymorph to remove back skin roll (I don't know the term) from bra too tight or the make the body even.

First of all, that's phenomenal success on your part. I tell new photographers (heck--any new business people) that you should never underestimate the power of a niche business....having contacts, a reputation, and then focusing on a very specific area of work (rather than saying "I'm a photographer--I shoot everything" or "I'm an architect--I design everything!"). The amount of business you've got is great. And that's b/c you have credibility with your client base and connections, you focus on their work, they trust you, and oh yeah, you do good work that continues to get even better. Congratulations to you--well done. Keep it up.

My C&C:

1. Love the pose. More importantly, I love the composition. You use the door to effectively frame her--it's a nice touch. With her build (lots of curves), she'd do some tremendous bodyscapes if you were in a mind to shoot those. I get the previous comments about distortion but I think that's more a combination of her build (very curvy, with big thighs and big triceps) and then her neck is tilted (so it ends up looking very short and her head looks small in comparison). This is a great example of adapting to body shape. For instance, if you did a pose you'll see in a lot of fashion shots (model forms a triangle with her arm by bringing her hand up to her head or ear) it would exaggerate the size of her triceps and make her look really chunky. Anything that stretches her out or has her stand or extends legs or arms is going to make her look thinner. I don't like the white light cover/shade in the upper left--it's distracting to me.

2. Love the post a lot. I like the concept of framing her. I wish the space/frame wasn't quite to narrow. Hanging the bra on the door handle--a lovely touch Great angle. The point about her right knee being hyperextended so it looks funny is correct--that wasn't a big issue for me but it is something to watch out for (I tend to see it more with arms--and a hyper extended or double-jointed elbow). I like the DoF decision on this. A variation on this shot that would be very lovely and work well for the nature of this work--have her glancing back over her right shoulder with a hint of a smile that seems to suggest her saying "I'm almost ready" or "I'm worth waiting for--I'll almost done."

3. Very good pose, good lighting. Yes, it mars the photo to have her face blurred like that but that's the nature of your clientele. I bet you could have achieved the same effect (with a better photo) by draping her hair over her face. Or using sunglasses. I suggest you practice with a friend who wants to play at being a model--just focus on how many ways you can obscure or light her face to hide key features without distorting the shot. For instance, #3 is high contrast, lots of shadow. Between the shadow and her hair, I bet you could have posed her so that her face would be hidden. Also, there are two things in the background I find distracting....the black pillow on the right (which at first looks like an object you did a bad job removing) and the light to the left (not as annoying but it draws my eye away from the model). Overall, a good photo that you can make better.

4. Lovely model (I know, same girl as #3). With her black (mostly) nails and lingerie, that shot screams out for a little red (scarf, pillow, lip gloss) as an accent--the one nail on each hand isn't enough. I like the angle you chose for this shot. I would blur the curtain a bit more on the right (where you see the night behind you--make it less abrupt and a bit more gradual so the curtain edge doesn't stand out so and draw attention. Two small things....her right arm seems a bit over-exposed on the tricep side. And there's a very small skin blemish between the necklace and her right arm that is easily removed.

Thank you,
Again as always some very great critics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back