Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Minolta 50/1.4 wide open.

P1020520sm.jpg

Interesting rendering and bokeh effects. It has it's own look with good color.

love the bokeh. Nice shot.

Thanks Guys.

This is my current favorite lens but I have two more 50s coming; a Minolta Celtic 50/3.5 macro & a Russian Helios 44-2 58/2. Some folk claim the Helios is the best kit lens ever. :D

The bokeh look like painting, nice one.

Just one comment on the subject.
It is something not clear in my mind on what is really be the subject.

-Santacruz

The bokeh look like painting, nice one.

Just one comment on the subject.
It is something not clear in my mind on what is really be the subject.

-Santacruz

I was focusing on the yellow flower lower left & did not expect the tulip to be so sharp.

Love it! And I love flowers and I love purple!

The 44-2 is a rough diamond.

all the best ron.

deleted. leaving the forum. too many highpost trolls, slack moderation, pompous twerps.

Last edited:
Thanks to the rest of you folks for your kind comments.

Dallmeyer, I look forward to testing out the 44-2, 50/2. I see you used yours open as well as stopped down in these shots - very nice. According to the ad, mine is a 1980 version, SN#80232917. That would make it 4 years newer than yours, if that makes any difference.

Yes September of 1976 or 74, as a guess. Sounds like you know just how to read those off. I have a 44-M also (M=multi coating i believe, not 100% certain) More 'western/modern' style casing. I've nottried a side-by-side comparison, but gutfeeling the 44-2 is maybe sharper (contast and/or resolution). The samples would be .. approx f2.8, 5.6,5.6,8 and f8. It's approximate b/c I don't use the limiter of the preset mechanism just trim it down visually, TTV.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back