Today's Haul

One day ?
Hey, I thought you were slowing down on GAS.
That Rollei 35 looks nice.

I found a MASSIVE stash of old cameras for sale, some great deals too (Bantam Special for $30... I mean come ON), but the Rollei's shutter is slow and the Minox takes a battery that I can't find.

I so,so badly wanted one of those little Rolleis when I was in middle school! This is a reallllly cool-looking lineup of cameras.

I'm for sure keeping the Rollei and one of the Retinas. The Bantam belongs to my wife. I'll be getting rid of the IIIc, a IIa, the Minox, and the Bessa. It was kind of a package deal. I won't really be making any money here as I was kinda prodded to buy them all if I wanted the Rollei, the Bantam, and a IIa. I neeeeeed to find the Retina II that they still have somewhere and the selection of Berning Robots. They have 4 Robots. I've never seen a Robot.

Rollei had a laggy slow shutter. Removed the top plate and fixed it, only to nearly lose a spring and require more disassembly to get it back into place. Then the lens wouldn't extend... Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this camera.

Ah, not bad feeling ... just a challenge.
If you feel really bad, I will take it off your hands !!!

Don't tempt me lol. I love these things and regret selling my last one. This one's got a big ding in the top plate and is missing two screws and the battery cover, but it seems to work now otherwise.

Ah, I had been trying to nab a broken one off eBay for a while ... but it seems those Rollei's are popular even when not working.

I had one of those Voightlanders, I never ran enough film through it to really get a hang of the range finder but its a great little camera considering the age. One of the biggest issues I found was that the infinity focus stop was way off. If you intend on shooting it I would confirm the infinity focus point with a piece of ground glass before running film through it. Great finds!

Most reactions

Back