Todays variety of small birds and another first for me

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Overcast day but warmer than it has been for a while. Walking along a boardwalk on the lake someone left a little pile of sunflower seeds out and it attracted a nice variety. Got my first red-bellied woodpecker.

Red-bellied Woodpecker
by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Red-bellied Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-breasted Nuthatch

Black-capped Chickadee

Downy Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Cardinal

White-breasted Nuthatch

Excellent shots. Top notch Brent!

Fantastic shots, as always. I've always been a sucker for a male cardinal on a white background.

Really nice set! Congrats on the lifer.

quite a variety ... woodpeckers on a boardwalk

Fantastic shots, as always. I've always been a sucker for a male cardinal on a white background.

Thanks. Yeah, but I always have trouble with the red of the cardinal. Not sure if its an Olympus thing or not.

quite a variety ... woodpeckers on a boardwalk

The boardwalk goes along the lake. A forest on one side and thin strip of trees on the lake side. I am guessing they are fed a lot there. When I got to that point there was four woodpeckers, a couple of nuthatches and chickadees all at the same time. Need to bring the wife there, she will love having the chickadees take food from her hand.

Thanks. Yeah, but I always have trouble with the red of the cardinal. Not sure if its an Olympus thing or not.
Huh, funny you mention that. Just the other day I was thinking about the reds in a photo that seemed super saturated, and I had to reduce the red saturation in LR. It’s happened to me a couple of times.

Most reactions

Back