supraman215

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0267.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

These were taken with my D90, kit lens, natural light, 18-105

I am working on getting the nikon 50mm f1.8 because all I really do is take pictures of this girl hehe. I want to be able to crank down the iso and still have an acceptable shutter speed to be able to catch the action because 2 year olds are fast and don't like to stand still. I was thinking of a slightly wider lens to get a little closer to actual 50mm with my DX sensor however I would rather have the speed of the 50mm.

Jeff

These are more the "capture the moment" type snap shots than "artsy" photographs so I'll go easy on them.

First thing I noticed is they're kinda soft. Did you do any PP to these or are they straight from the camera?

When shooting children it's good to get down to their eye level to take the shot.

Be aware of the light...watch the direction it's coming from. If it's between the hours of 10:00 and 3:00 try not to shoot out in the open, find some shade to help prevent harsh highlights and strong shadows.

I like the second shot better than the first...lighting is softer but the image is slightly overexposed.

Thanks for the tip. I usually get down to her level like in the second pic. Yeah every picture of her is pretty much a "capture the moment" picture at this age.

No PP, just from the camera. I need some Photoshop lessons or crash tutorials.

Jeff

I need some Photoshop lessons or crash tutorials.
I haven't checked it out yet, but a couple of my shooting buddies told me that there are tons of Photoshop video tutorials on YouTube. You might want to check it out.

I also agree #1 seems soft. Whether it is from motion blurr or out of focus is beyond me.

#2 is nice for a cadid shot, but part of the face is blocked, the light is uneven and a bit flaring, and the background is distracting. It is still a cute shot and a lot sharper than #1.

I haven't checked it out yet, but a couple of my shooting buddies told me that there are tons of Photoshop video tutorials on YouTube. You might want to check it out.

This is VERY true and good advice. I've learned a lot about video and photo programs with tutorials on youtube.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back