Togoudo Colly

Dany

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one is a solution for a camera collection with space limitation on shelves
This Colly camera is quite common but is nevertheless attractive to collectors like me.
Manufactured by Togoudo during the ealy fifties, this "Hit" camera is known to produce poor quality negatives.
But what a nice toy !

Daniel

Tougodo - Colly low def 005.jpg

That is a funky, bulbous looking camera, I like it. What's the deal with the medallion?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My very first camera was a "Hit type" purchased for $1 at a Fisherman's Wharf souvenir store in San Francisco. I shot up the little roll of film in short order but, alas, my parents couldn't find anywhere to get the tiny film developed so I never saw the results.

Bought one of these or one like it in the mid 50's, mail order for a couple of $ from an ad in the back of a comic book (Spy Camera! Works! and all that). Carefully loaded it and was lucky enough to have an aunt with a processing tank and chemistry. Remember the film coming out all black.

That is a funky, bulbous looking camera, I like it. What's the deal with the medallion?

The "medallion" is a one Euro coin. Useful to give the scale...only to people having euros in their pocket ;o)

Last edited:

The "medallion" is a one Euro coin. Useful to give the scale...only to people having euros in their pocket ;o)
Oh I see. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back