Tokina 11-16 on Canon T3i vs Canon 17-40 on Canon 6D?

duarted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have a Tokina 11-16mm and a Canon T3i and I just recently bought a Canon 6D.

The Tokina 11-16 is not for a FF camera so it has a big vignetting on the Canon 6D.

I want to get a new wide-angle lens for the 6D.

When you use the Tokina on the T3i you multiple the focal length for 1.6x, so in reality I was shooting with a 17,6mm when using the 11mm on the Tokina correct?

So this means I'll be using the same focal length if I use the Canon 17-40mm on the 6D correct? My pictures will be similar?

Thanks!

Do the math:
"When you use the Tokina on the T3i you multiple the focal length for 1.6x, so in reality I was shooting with a 17,6mm when using the 11mm on the Tokina correct? So this means I'll be using the same focal length if I use the Canon 17-40mm on the 6D correct? My pictures will be similar?"

Math is done, the focal length will be the same but naturally different lenses will have different characteristics and even more so different sensors will have different characteristics. So don't expect an exact match, but should be close.

You will love the 6D, it has a great sensor and incredible Image Quality. I know the more I use mine the more I enjoy it.

So you the Canon 17-40 on the 6D will give me better quality than the Tokina 11-16 on the T3i?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back