Tokina 11-16mm best place to buy

john sherratt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says i just got my tax rebate and im looking to buy a tokina 11-16mm. Ive been looking round lots of stores are out of stock also there is a big price differance between places. Anyone know where to get one at a good price my local vistek is out of stock but its $829.95 but can get one for $573 on ebay the guy has 99.8% good feed back would you use the guy?

I got mine off eBay. But it was brand new stock through a company that was an authorized Tokina dealer. I think it's a personal decision if you want to trust a used item auction on eBay, or not. Many people have success and some get screwed. eBay does have methods of recourse if the item is not as promised, but I've never used it so I don't know how much of a pain it is. Just to give you an idea, I think I payed $589 for mine, new. Don't let yourself get swindled by the price gouging that's going on with the supply scares from Japan. Definitely don't pay $800+ for one! If you can wait it out, I'd say you shouldn't pay more than $650 for a new one. Just keep your eye online and make use of the Google shopping search.

Here's a new one on eBay sold new by a company: Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f2.8 DX (Nikon) w/Filter *NEW* | eBay

Just pay attention to who is selling it and do your checks on the company before buying.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would get it from BH,

I got mine off eBay. But it was brand new stock through a company that was an authorized Tokina dealer. I think it's a personal decision if you want to trust a used item auction on eBay, or not. Many people have success and some get screwed. eBay does have methods of recourse if the item is not as promised, but I've never used it so I don't know how much of a pain it is. Just to give you an idea, I think I payed $589 for mine, new. Don't let yourself get swindled by the price gouging that's going on with the supply scares from Japan. Definitely don't pay $800+ for one! If you can wait it out, I'd say you shouldn't pay more than $650 for a new one. Just keep your eye online and make use of the Google shopping search.

Here's a new one on eBay sold new by a company: Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f2.8 DX (Nikon) w/Filter *NEW* | eBay

Just pay attention to who is selling it and do your checks on the company before buying.

Thank you for your info and the link i live in canada and the one you posted ends up being about $603 then i need to add postage its not a bad deal might get it thanks again john.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back