Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 vs. tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ii??

shilohleesmith

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could someone help me out here? I'm going to get one of them but don't know if I should spend the extra $200 on the latest version.:confused:

Could someone help me out here? I'm going to get one of them but don't know if I should spend the extra $200 on the latest version.:confused:

I'm renting a Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 before buying any I must say this lens rocks! I'm not real thrilled with the manual/auto switch because I tend to bump I out of focus when disengaging the auto focus but over all I like it.

Anyhow, I have not used the newer version so I can't commit on quality. I do know the older units lacks a built in auto focus motor while the newer II models has an enteral auto focus motor. So if you like auto focus modes an your camera lack an internal focus motor, then you will want the newer model. Example, my D3100 doesn't have a built in focus motor, so I have manually focus it while using that camera. My D7100 o the other hand has a built in motor, so it can auto focus either one.

Last edited:
I believe the newer version cuts down on lens flare over the original.

I own the original version and love it.

I believe the newer version cuts down on lens flare over the original.

I own the original version and love it.

That explains it, I thought it was me but I ended up with lens flare in a lot of my shots so far using the original :(

Most reactions

Back