Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Nikon

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone had any hands on experience with this lens? I used to have the 12-24 Dx Tokina which I thought was an awesome lens. I had the Nikon 14-24 which is superb and now need to get me a wide angle lens. I really not ready to dump $$$ for the Nikon 14-24 so I thought the Tokina 16-28 might be the optimal choice.

It will be shooting a D750 with this lens.

What say you?

Has anyone had any hands on experience with this lens? I used to have the 12-24 Dx Tokina which I thought was an awesome lens. I had the Nikon 14-24 which is superb and now need to get me a wide angle lens. I really not ready to dump $$$ for the Nikon 14-24 so I thought the Tokina 16-28 might be the optimal choice.

It will be shooting a D750 with this lens.

What say you?

@jsecordphoto posts some amazing landscape images with it, and I believe he's using it on a 6D? It seems damn sharp from his images. I had the 11-16 for my D7000 and loved that one as well. Have you thought of Nikon's 16-35 f4 VRII? It's not all that expensive and its RAZOR sharp. I absolutely love it.

Jake

Yes I have considered it. Its a little more but what I do like about the other tokina is that the lower 2.8 vs 4 but usually I shoot F8-f11 when doing landscapes

Yup, I have it for Canon mount. I absolutely LOVE this lens. I have tried out the Nikon 14-24 with an adapter on my 6D and I couldn't see any noticeable difference in sharpness to my Tokina, and it's a lot cheaper. I needed 2.8 for doing astrophotography, and it is sharp wide open, but holy hell is this lens sharp at f11!

I checked out work, GREAT JOB! Lens does look sharp. Thanks for chiming in

Most reactions

New Topics

Back