Tom again...

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
olympus digital...i dont think I used a flash, cuz it was outside....
I dunno if there is much meaning behind it besides to show off the model himself.
tttttttomtomtom.jpg

erm, i just noticed something freeky happenned to the border...just ignore that for now, I'll fix it later, eh...hehe *tap dances away*

Not much to go off here... If your intention was to show off the model, a bit of reflective light into the face might have been something worth considering.

I like the way the frame has been filled and the contrasts are good... *MoonWalks away*

It is becoming obvious in your photos that you want your models to look in any direction BUT towards you (us in the end) --- and I find this increasingly irritating, if I may say so here (*quickly checking if this is Critique .... it is, so...*). If you wanted to show your model, I would also like to SEE you model. And I don't. Because "he" is in his face, in his eyes, that is where "he" really shows. The fact that you are showing a probably handsome young man with his shirt open does not show me your model, I'm afraid.

Technically, I can't critique much. Looks ok. Exposure on the white shirt is right, no blown out parts to be seen, nice surroundings, too... but...

I don't mind the model looking away, but the WAY he is looking away to me is a bit of a distraction. It looks forced to me.
I think your idea is good on the last few, but you might take a different approach. Why don't you just go out in the woods with your friend, just chit chat, talk about life and stuff, and every once in a while just take a nice candid shot? I'll warn ya, the candid stuff will turn out 95 percent crap, but you might just luck into that spontaneous moment you are looking for. At any rate I think its good that you keep going back and trying. Shows gumption.

keep up the hard work.

Wether the model looks towards the camera ( I would not recommend looking directly ar the camera) or away at some angle does not matter so much. The great model shots I have seen show a lot of emotion or energy from the model. This shot is very nice but due to the way the head is shown I get neither of the two. I think this is mainly because this is such an unnatural angle.

Most reactions

Back