Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier

TombGuard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I'm new to TPF and not sure if this is the correct place for my request.

I'm in search of Tomb pictures/video from 1993-1996. I was at The Tomb during those dates and don't have that many pictures of myself. (and the ones I do have are point and shoot shots) I keep in touch with many of the guys I served with, so any pictures I get, I will pass on to who's in them. (I don't have ANY video of my time at The Tomb)

I'd also appreciate any suggestions where else I can look.

Thank you in advance, Matt M.

-On a side note, I do have a bunch of negatives. I've scanned some of my old pictures, but they just don't look that good. Will there be a big difference by taking the negatives to Walgreens and having them run them through their machine?

If your negatives are of good quality, they are worth scanning at a better place than Walgreens.

There are many professional services online that can offer high quality high definition scans for your images, and I would check those out.

I don´t think I can help you with your search, however, just out of curiosity, which tomb are you referring to? Many countries have a "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier".

I was referring to The Tomb in the US. Thank you for helping me clarify.

deanimator: Look it up and the stories behind it, it's amazing.

And TombGuard, I'd just say keep spreading the word. The internet is very large and very expansive, eventually someone will see your posts that has the information you need.

Greetings TombGuard....

I have a couple of suggestions in your effort to locate any photographs taken during the time noted. First would be to contact Arlingtion National Cemetery as I am almost positive they could help you to some extent along with possibly furnishing other contacts.

The other suggestion would be to contact a couple of the Washington DC area veteran's organizations such as the Veteran's of Foreign Wars (VFW) or the Disabled American Veterans (DAV).

Good Luck...:salute:

Most reactions

Back