Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few random shots (not in performance order) from a local production of The Who's 'Tommy' for which I'm doing production stills. Aside from the usual low-light challenges of shooting live stage shows, this one is especially so because of heavy use of blue and red spots... Good fun regardless. As always, comments, critique and suggestions appreciated.

Tommy%20%283%29.JPG

Tommy%20%282a%29.JPG

Tommy%20%284%29.JPG

Tommy%20%285%29.JPG

Tommy%20%286%29.JPG

Tommy%20%287%29.JPG

Tommy%20%288%29.JPG

Tommy%20%289%29.JPG

Great series, beautiful comp and color. Ed

Great stuff, John. Challenging and fun is a good combination.

A blue spotlight is no different than shooting with the lights off! You need one of those night-vision cameras.

Joe

Great shots under difficult circumstances. Well done!

You did great,
The only comment is about the 3, probably the most difficult light situation, but the nicest atmostphere IMO, but the picture is weird looking a bit, jpeg compression of a noisy shot ?

Great shots under difficult circumstances. Well done!
Thanks Barb!

Yup, definitely looks like a lot of fun! I have so many questions from #5.. :lol:
That's the fight scene where Captain Walker (her husband, just released from a German POW camp) returns home to find his wife with her new boyfriend, after having been told earlier that Capt Walker was MIA some years ago. The whole story here.
You did great,
The only comment is about the 3, probably the most difficult light situation, but the nicest atmostphere IMO, but the picture is weird looking a bit, jpeg compression of a noisy shot ?
Thanks! Yes, that's artifacting from the cheap little right-click application I used to squeeze a 10+mb file into <100Kb!

That's the fight scene where Captain Walker (her husband, just released from a German POW camp) returns home to find his wife with her new boyfriend, after having been told earlier that Capt Walker was MIA some years ago. The whole story here.

Dang baby that's cold!!!:aiwebs_016:

They look great to me. I never thought of shooting photos for plays like this, that would be a lot of fun. :)

The only thing wrong with these has nothing to do with you, it their microphones, they are huge!

Dang baby that's cold!!!:aiwebs_016:

They look great to me. I never thought of shooting photos for plays like this, that would be a lot of fun. :)

The only thing wrong with these has nothing to do with you, it their microphones, they are huge!
Yeah, they bug the Hades outta me too.

Most reactions

Back