Toni

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a shoot with Toni the other weekend. The main focus of the shoot was for my personal project using my 4x5 but we did get a few random digital photos as well. Nothing for that was really planned so its not really a cohesive set but I always like to get opinions on what could be improved.

The main photo I was after:

She's holding a pig heart (turned out to be much larger than I expected)

Just a nice photo of her looking at the water:

My favorite from the digital:

Couple randoms for her:

And one of her and her boyfriend:

I setup my home computer to where I can remote into it from work and edit. It was fairly difficult do to lag and the screen resolution was poor but it was fun

Poor pig. What was she going to do with it's heart? Well done images.

This heart is a preserved one meant for kids to dissect in school. Right now its sitting in a bag, in a box, in a closet at my place. No idea what to do with it now.

You might fry it up.

after its been sitting in formaldehyde??? hahaha no thank you

Had a shoot with Toni the other weekend. The main focus of the shoot was for my personal project using my 4x5 but we did get a few random digital photos as well. Nothing for that was really planned so its not really a cohesive set but I always like to get opinions on what could be improved.

The main photo I was after:

She's holding a pig heart (turned out to be much larger than I expected)

Just a nice photo of her looking at the water:

My favorite from the digital:

Couple randoms for her:

And one of her and her boyfriend:

I setup my home computer to where I can remote into it from work and edit. It was fairly difficult do to lag and the screen resolution was poor but it was fun
You're a fantastic photog. I love your renders.

I don't think your 'main photo' works. I'm not sure why she is holding a pig heart, and from the image it is difficult to tell that it is actually a pig heart. Also, from the way that she is holding it you can tell that she is not comfortable (despite it being still wrapped in cling film??). I'd be interested to understand your 'story' behind this image.

Thanks,

She was actually very comfortable holding it and had a lot of fun with it. Side story on that. She's Norse Pagan (if I remember correctly) and will be implementing some of those rituals during her wedding ceremony which involves a sacrifice. So she's ok with blood and animal parts. Personally, I do not agree with it (Im fine with the belief, just not the harming of a creature)

The size and shape of the heart unfortunately did not come out how I was hoping. I tried to source a heart locally but with zero luck so I ended up having to order it from a company that specializes in educational products. There isn't any film cling in the photo, its just from it being packaged in a formaldehyde type liquid and then sealed in a bag for who knows how long. It caused the outside of it to shape to the bags wrinkles. Not trying to make excuses for anything but it was an unknown and we went with what we had. So I do agree with you that it's hard to tell what it is.

As for a story behind it, its up to the viewer to interpret how they want. I don't title my work for that very reason. I want the viewer to find their own story (if any at all).

Most reactions

Back