Tonight's blunder... agh

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This first shot would have been a neat one if the autofocuser wasn't on the wrong one of the 7 points. I must admint at public events like balloonfest I get a little nervous taking pictures of a person like this. They don't know I am doing it, but should they. I guess I figure since it is a public event they should expect it. I am open to your two cents.

The first blunder... great DOF but the autofocuser was on the wrong point. If I didn't get nervous / jittery I would not have messed this up...

blunder1.jpg

blunder2.jpg

I have the exact same problem. I took a fishing shot a few weeks ago, but it wasn't the one I wanted because I was working up my courage to take the picture of people a few feet away. (I need a longer lens maybe... :D)

The other thing that mystifies me is people who take pictures in restaurants and in stores. I have seen some really great work in these two places, but I can't imagine doing it yet. Slowly but surely maybe I'll get there. I am sooooo shy in person, this is a big challenge for my photography.

Aoide said:
I have the exact same problem.

The other thing that mystifies me is people who take pictures in restaurants and in stores. I have seen some really great work in these two places, but I can't imagine doing it yet. Slowly but surely maybe I'll get there. I am sooooo shy in person, this is a big challenge for my photography.

People I know say I am a outgoing (meaning big mouthed and loud ;) ) but I am quite quiet. :blushing: I've seen these photos of people in the streets and I kinda feel intrusive if I took them. But when I go to a game that I am photographing then I tend to have to confidence to go up and organise a team of 11 players and go shooting ... strange ...

One day I'll get photos like those of Mansi etc. and post them ... be sure they'll be here one day

I have no problems taking pictures of people on display (sports, performers, etc). However in this case it was a great image but she was off stage. I took a quick shot becuase I felt a little uneasy but really wanted the shot. If I was more patient I would have noticed the autofocuser on the wrong point.

I hate that feeling when you know you missed a good shot due to a stupid blunder...

Most reactions

Back