TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$_DSC2484-WEB-.jpg

HDR Composite

$_DSC2510-CROPweb1.jpg

Last edited:
Love the shot with the clouds... I'm so bummed. I'm on vacation and didn't want to carry around my 70-200mm..I'm kicking myself now!!

Love the shot with the clouds... I'm so bummed. I'm on vacation and didn't want to carry around my 70-200mm..I'm kicking myself now!!

Thanks! It didn't come out exactly as planned.. but I like it! Hope you are enjoying vacation!

VERY nice, Charlie! I thought about going out and trying some shots but...well, I didn't. That's all, I just didn't do it. :D
I'll just admire yours instead and pretend I could have gotten anything half that good.

Sharon, I'm disappointed in you. Getting out and shooting the moon with that new 4000mm lens you got would have been awesome. (Yeah, I know it's not that long but still would have gotten great shots).

Nice shot Charlie; I have to admit when I saw the title and your name I was a little bit nervous clicking on the thread! ;)

VERY nice, Charlie! I thought about going out and trying some shots but...well, I didn't. That's all, I just didn't do it. :D
I'll just admire yours instead and pretend I could have gotten anything half that good.

Should be even better tonight... so no excuse, just do it! lol! Thanks! (and you have the 500... you should rock the moon shoots!)

Nice shot Charlie; I have to admit when I saw the title and your name I was a little bit nervous clicking on the thread! ;)

I can only imagine! lol! Thanks!

I was hoping to shoot the moon tonight... but we have too much rain, and some wicked thunder going on. Dang it! lol!

Slight different (more accurate) take on the composite...

$_DSC2510-CROPweb1bright.jpg

I don't see the accuracy of the moon looking like it is in front of the clouds (which really do look pasted on) and other food for thought, but think how big those clouds would have to be to be in that same aspect to the size of the moon. The moon is a bit over-cooked in the first iteration but better in the second. Sometimes you just have to stay inside when it rains.

Sharon, I'm disappointed in you. Getting out and shooting the moon with that new 4000mm lens you got would have been awesome. (Yeah, I know it's not that long but still would have gotten great shots).

Should be even better tonight... so no excuse, just do it! lol! Thanks! (and you have the 500... you should rock the moon shoots!)

Lol, I know, I know--I haven't even attempted a moon shot with this new lens! But it didn't happen last night either. At least I had a good excuse this time--cloud cover, way too much of it. Couldn't actually SEE the moon, which I find to be a bit of a deterrent in taking pictures of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back