tonight's moon

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just shot this tonight. pretty cool how it's a whole different angle from the one shot from maryland by kwjones

moon-fri.1.jpg

Nice. I love moon shots. I was just thinking of going out in the yard and trying to take a few myself. Of course, I'm not working with the same kind of equiment you are, and my photo would turn out more like a sea of black with one undentifiable white glob :D

actually, you don't need alot of special equipment. the moon is alot brighter than most people realize. i shot this at 250/th f7.o with an iso of 100. my cam was tripod mounted, but you could hand hold at that speed and get a decent shot. it was shot with a 300mm zoom, but it wasn't even a good one, cheap job selling used for 70-100 bucks...

actually, you don't need alot of special equipment. the moon is alot brighter than most people realize. i shot this at 250/th f7.o with an iso of 100. my cam was tripod mounted, but you could hand hold at that speed and get a decent shot. it was shot with a 300mm zoom, but it wasn't even a good one, cheap job selling used for 70-100 bucks...

I have a 35mm-70mm lens and that's probably the only lens I'm going to have for a while. I'm starting college in September (better late than never) and money is tight. Plus I've told myself I have to get better with the equipment I have before I start buying new stuff... of course this hasn't stopped me from stalking eBay like a madman.

It's good to know that a 300mm zoom is capable of taking such a detailed shot of the moon though. I always assumed it would take something bigger.

so all i need is a 300mm lens and i can get that close to the moon
then add the camera to my dads 8" telescope and i'll be able to see the rest of my family on the moon

saweeeeeeeet
great shot
a bit fuzzy but kool

Most reactions

Back