Too bad it was such a dull grey day.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You find a beautiful spot & the sky is overcast & grey. Otherwise the colours would have been fabulous at this location overlooking the Ristigouche River.

Taken with a Kalimar 35-70/3.5.

1. Wide @ 35mm FL. See the exclusive fishing camp below.

P1040625sm.jpg

2. 70mm FL.

P1040628sm.jpg

3. Looking the other direction 35mm FL.

P1040631sm.jpg

LOVE the 3rd one

Well, you sure made THE MOST of it, Ron. Very nice. Yes, the third fascinates the most!

really like #3 the most

#3 is my favorite. I love the colors of fall!!

The 3rd one is just AMAZING !! .. but it would've been better if you had captured your side of the river too ..

#1 would've looked much better if the weather wasn't so grey and to prove it I did some work .. Hope u like it :D

Thx for sharing

Hey Ron,

I think I know where you are shooting that from. I've been up there quite a few times. (Taken from the Quebec side of the river and looking down onto the fishing lodges, just up from where the Matapedia River flows into the Restigouche.) There is a wonderful little road not far from there that intersects with the highway to the St Lawrence. Just a few minutes up the side road is a charming wishing well fed by a little fresh water stream.

If you are still in the area, send a pm and we can get a Tim's and chat about photography or just complain about the weather.

Hey Ron,

I think I know where you are shooting that from. I've been up there quite a few times. (Taken from the Quebec side of the river and looking down onto the fishing lodges, just up from where the Matapedia River flows into the Restigouche.) There is a wonderful little road not far from there that intersects with the highway to the St Lawrence. Just a few minutes up the side road is a charming wishing well fed by a little fresh water stream.

If you are still in the area, send a pm and we can get a Tim's and chat about photography or just complain about the weather.

Too late! :(

We stayed at my wife's brothers camp a few days on the PQ side halfway between Cambelton & Matapedia. It is the old family homestead. The "new" highway bisected the property.

For those who want to get a perspective of where Ron was shooting from, I think it was from the lookout indicated by the arrow. (Yes I know this is a bad pic. Was trying to get a focus on the rocks with camp in the background and was rushed as my buddies were just about to enter the composition area from the left. And also, I'm a rookie. :lol:)

position.jpg

Here's from another camp further upriver, taken previous day on same kayak trip.

RestigoucheCampcrop.jpg

The Restigouche (Or Ristigouche depending on who you ask) is a beautifull river. Saw a dozen bald eagles on our 3 days. The scenery, as you can see from Ron's photos is truly amazing.

Nice shots Ron. I'm planning on running it again next year. Let me know if you're interested.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back