Too dark or does it work? (HDR)

RebelTasha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I always go over the top usually depending on my mood...
This is 3 images, it was hand held I hope to go back with my tripod soon!!

dgpnovp-vi.jpg

a bit dark and lack of contrast on my monitor.

with hdr it is fairly common to boost the contrast as they tend to be a bit flat. Strange with all that dynamic range, but images look better with a bit of boost with curves. just my 2 cents.

As far as "is it too dark" goes: No, not if that is what you want. I does have a dark, eerie feeling to it. It that was what you want, then it works. :)

It's just a little dark for my tastes, but not too bad.

I would have never known it was HDR though... Looks like you could have easily gotten the same picture with a single exposure and a little curves adjustment.

I took this one back in the fall, they do seem to come out kind of eerie, I do feel the actual dovecot get's lost up in the sky with my OP which is a shame perhaps I will try and work on it some more. It's my dark side coming out.. haha
dgp2-vi.jpg

Last edited:
i think that the bottom half is good but the top one is a little dark.

I like it, but I agree with ann on the contrast. I like it dark, but I think it would be a little better if you bumped the lights up in curves a bit.

there good, the top one is a tad to dark imo, but some can go witht the eerie feeling, depends on what your trying to acheive, and im amaized its to clear just by handheld?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back