Too HDR?

Chodie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know this is a hot debate. Do you think this image crosses the too much HDR line?

lawrencejpgrsz.jpg

looks real natural to me. What program are you using?

It does look soft to me in areas

good job on the symmetry, and the HDR is fine , almost can't even tell.

Perfect. It looks like everything was well lit.

Looked a little dark in some places until I enlarged it and then it looks quite good. What range of exposures did you combine and what software did you use? Would be nice to know this as some of us are just learning about HDR and any technical information you would care to pass on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WesternGuy

A very good one, natural enough.

Here's the original exposure

originalchurch.jpg

I probably spent 15% of the time in photomatix with only 3 bracketed photos at -2, 0, +2 and the other 85% in PS with Topaz, Noiseware, and playing with layer masks.

What is this HDR line you are talking about?

There is no set standard as to what goes over the realism line in HDR, that is all up to the photographer and the viewer. Some may say yes, some will say no. It's a matter of perception.

I would suggest that if *you* like this image and this amount of processing, then stick with it! Do what is proper for your vision in your images, and work at getting it done the best you can, without thinking too much about what other's are doing.

But seeing as you asked, this is really really borderline for me... I don't like the orangish in the chairs, but do like the textures in the ceiling and wood

Bigtwinky hit the nail on the head. If its acceptable to you thats all that matters.

Its a great shot and very natural looking.

great pic/candidate for HDR
- contrasty colors
- not too dark, not too bright

good job!
oh how i wish this pic is 'ok to edit' :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back