Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Too much editing?
Hey guys... deciding if this was too much editing for this photo:

Original:

7419703_1024.ts1167711190000.jpg

Final:

7419686_1024.ts1167711144000.jpg

BTW - These edits were done completely in PICASA. No brush edits were done, just color effects and cropping!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/s...633#post628633

I don't think it is too much at all. Regardless of how much time/effort/work you put into it, it is still simple. Nice warm colors and an interesting shot do it for me!

Plus you took out the distracting stuff really well, much better than original.

hey man I think that your contrast is way to high i like the 2nd but you have the contrast problem i can pickout the coaster which is fine its more less the bushes that are unclear i think you should just crop them out

heres what i mean i did this in aperture in like 5min for you
342008577_2f94cc47ee_o.jpg

p.s i live in orlando we shoot downtown alot you should check it out here sometime

hey man I think that your contrast is way to high i like the 2nd but you have the contrast problem i can pickout the coaster which is fine its more less the bushes that are unclear i think you should just crop them out

heres what i mean i did this in aperture in like 5min for you
342008577_2f94cc47ee_o.jpg

What program did you do this in?

I like it, but it seems a little unnatural to me. Maybe it's because I know it was taken on a blue sky afternoon, instead of the sunset it's implying!

What program did you do this in?

I like it, but it seems a little unnatural to me. Maybe it's because I know it was taken on a blue sky afternoon, instead of the sunset it's implying!

i did that in aperture but the photo is his i just wanted to make his image more vivid i think the old one look over exposed

I like the origanal edit, better the third one has that I just got nuked look to it. You can almost see the fallout.

To me, nothing suggests "sunset colours" in the edited version done by RMThompson, it only looks processed.

What I much prefer to the original is the crop. The original has way too much sky and the entire foreground is underexposed.

In the "original" edit (i.e. the first done by RMThompson), that underexposed foreground only looks pushed to brigher. But the entire frame loses all its contrasts.

Therefore my take is: IF you go all this way from an originally underexposed photo with a blue sky to something this orange, then just go ALL the way, by all means, and make it as strong and as orange as was done in the second edit by TheCatch22.

Funny I like the original... This is my opinon way way out of step, but editing in my opinion is best used to improve what you saw not radially alter it. Sometimes and image just had to go into the recycle bin not that this one did. It just doesn't do anything for me after being edited.

I think it's an interesting edit and gets round the two major problems I think the orig has:

1) Too much sky
2) Lack of detail in the shadows at the bottom of the shot (probably caused by the cameras meter taking in all that sky)

Good job :)

I think it's an interesting edit and gets round the two major problems I think the orig has:

1) Too much sky
2) Lack of detail in the shadows at the bottom of the shot (probably caused by the cameras meter taking in all that sky)

Good job :)

Thanks. That surely was the goal here, and not to dramatically alter it as mentioned in the above post. While I agree that editing is not supposed to be used to create something that isnt there, the picture is still photorealistic.

I didn't intend to give it the sunset look, but when I used the "sepia" setting on PICASA, I got that effect, and I really liked it. I've driven past this spot many times at various times of the day, and I think I'd love to do a collage of the coaster of different times of the day!

Anyway - thanks for the C&C, more is welcome, but I think I am content with it.

Is your photo ok to edit by others, too?
For you might as well edit the given version and work your way past the composition issues and the underexposure and would not alter the photo - almost not at all.

And I don't understand how you can say that you wanted to change as little as possible when you did change so much in the first place?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back