Too Much Equipment not Enough Photography

AnnaBSearles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It mostly seems to be about equipment here, which is of course inevitable whenever you have 2 or more photogs together that they'll geek off on cameras etc. Are there any subreddits for people that are into photography and not equipment? I mean looking at photography ie why are there so many dull 'art' photographers taking big, empty, banal landscape photos with massive cameras and does anyone do that well? That kind of thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

So was that a question or more of a rant?

I smell Troll. Post your own great art photographs for C&C then matey and we will see.

Mine are up here as with most regular posters on this forum. Feel free to look.

Umm.. ok, well of the 28 posts on the front page, 3 are actually "equipment related" and one of those three is a for sale announcement. So I'm thinking you might be just a tad bit off base with this assessment.

But, welcome to the forum. And if you find a topic is not getting enough attention, maybe you should actually start a thread about that topic - you'd be surprised how well that works.

I'm sure you will find yourself nice and cozy inside the sub forums for "beyond the basics" and the "photo galleries." Luckily, the equipment threads stay located in specific areas of the forum that you are free to avoid, if it bothers you. Stay away from the "current thread" tab and it will be as if the equipment threads never even existed.

But really, let's face it. In love and photography- Equipment matters, just as much as technique.;-)

Welcome to TPF!

I think the photogs here geek off on quality of a photo itself

but to each there own .. and welcome ... i guess

I think we should just forget cameras and frame pictures with our hands. Then I can feel like a stereotypical Hollywood director!

Downriggers down 147 feet on the port rod, 100 feet on the starboard rod, Hot Spot flasher and spoon combos set out 20 feet behind the cannonballs, trolling speed 2.75 knots over ground...let''s keep up this nice S-troll pattern and hope for a massive chinook on one of the two rods...

Fish on! Fish on! Oh...wait, doggone it...no adipose clip...must release this smallish 10-11 pound wild chinook salmon

151287067.jpg

[ DSC_0139_Sekiu '13.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Scott unhooks the trolling spoon, a Coyote Spoon in the "Irish Cream" pattern, as the white and chrome Hot Spot brand rotating flasher is seen to the right of the salmon.

It mostly seems to be about equipment here, which is of course inevitable whenever you have 2 or more photogs together that they'll geek off on cameras etc. Are there any subreddits for people that are into photography and not equipment? I mean looking at photography ie why are there so many dull 'art' photographers taking big, empty, banal landscape photos with massive cameras and does anyone do that well? That kind of thing...

Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, many people take photos of "big" and "empty" landscapes with "massive cameras" very well. Stick around, maybe you can learn how to also.

Scott unhooks the trolling spoon, a Coyote Spoon in the "Irish Cream" pattern, as the white and chrome Hot Spot brand rotating flasher is seen to the right of the salmon.

I hate trolling. Bait casting is so much more fun.

I hate trolling. Bait casting is so much more fun.

That's gospel right there.

Troll beyond the reef till you hook a mahi, stop the boat, leaving the fish on, break out the spinning rods with hooks baited with chunks, , throw some chunks of ballyhoo overboard, and start fighting with his buddies, who will stay around him. Now that right there is Florida Keys meat fishing!

Good summation!

Most reactions

Back