Took Cash out before i go...

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And then he did not want to go back.. lol.... So heres Cash ..he is a 16 yr old african gray .the room was dark early this am.. so photos are a tad off... .
cash 004.JPG
cash 006-001.JPG
cash 012.JPG
cash 006-002.JPG

Cash is a handsome looking fellow. The title threw me for a moment - I was expecting to see someone withdrawing money from an ATM machine. :boogie: As a side note, you may want to correct the white balance.

Cash is a handsome looking fellow. The title threw me for a moment - I was expecting to see someone withdrawing money from an ATM machine. :boogie: As a side note, you may want to correct the white balance.
I seem to have alot of trouble with white balance lately..and i thought it was because the room was dark in early am..thank you

They can be such interesting creatures, very smart.

Part of your difficulty might be failing to recognize the color temperature of the light you're in. The human brain doesn't easily recognize differences in color temperature until there's a drastic shift. We automatically know that white is white and black is black. The camera doesn't, it's recording the actual scene. To me it looks like the room was lit by incandescent lights. Couple ways of handling that, first you can set your camera to Auto White Balance, shoot a test image of something white or preferably gray for color, then use the eye dropper tool in Lr to click on the test sample to adjust the WB, then sync all of your images to the same WB, or if your camera has adjustable settings for WB set it to incandescent. Here's a quick reference chart that might help you.
kelvin-temp.jpg

They can be such interesting creatures, very smart.

Part of your difficulty might be failing to recognize the color temperature of the light you're in. The human brain doesn't easily recognize differences in color temperature until there's a drastic shift. We automatically know that white is white and black is black. The camera doesn't, it's recording the actual scene. To me it looks like the room was lit by incandescent lights. Couple ways of handling that, first you can set your camera to Auto White Balance, shoot a test image of something white or preferably gray for color, then use the eye dropper tool in Lr to click on the test sample to adjust the WB, then sync all of your images to the same WB, or if your camera has adjustable settings for WB set it to incandescent. Here's a quick reference chart that might help you.
View attachment 181408
thank you.. i think i understand now and i think i fixed it.. i appreciate your great help...
cash test 006.JPG

Cool bird and pics. I just use auto WB with mine, it usually works pretty good. Usually but not always, not real well when the light is tooooo dim. then I just pop it into PS and correct it.

Cool bird and pics. I just use auto WB with mine, it usually works pretty good. Usually but not always, not real well when the light is tooooo dim. then I just pop it into PS and correct it.
I think it is my old monitor.. at least i think this is a priority to the problem..thanks Kirk

Most reactions

Back