Torn between digital and 35mm

Ansel Adams spent days manipulating the film, and print to produce the image he envisioned ... though some digital images go the extreme with manipulation.

is photoshopping a picture really a picture, or is it like an airbrushed playboy playmate in a magazine?

Some photoshopping techniques are from film processing such as dodging, burning, color correction etc. There's also ways of combining several photos into one in film developing. I would bet that there isn't a photo taken by professionals that doesn't require some sort of processing. Even shooting in JPG with camera settings is considered post processing.

Sorry didnt 'read all the responses so forgive me if I repeat someone else...

Get both!! You can get some awesome 35mm on Ebay or even a local thrift store or buy/sell pages..
I got an AE-1 with several lenses, bag on Ebay for $45 and a Elan ll for $55 with bag etc, lenses and everything...
If you have the money for a digital then really getting a film camera on top should be just fine...
I guess you are going to be spending the extra money you save on a digital on developing equipment if that's the case then I guess maybe go for digital until such time as you feel the instant gratification isn't as necessary and your yearn for developing film...
Why not try a cheaper digital like an older Rebel and still do the film thing ...

Oh and you can still slave away with a 35mm shot in photo shop think dedicated film scanner... you might want to add that to your list of things to think about.. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back