Total amateur in need of Help!

ThriftyBusiness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The other day I found a minolta SRT200 with three lenses for $30:thumbup:; MC ROKKOR-X PF 1:2 f=50mm, AUTO Vivitar TELE-ZOOM 75-260mm 1:4.5, and Quantaray MC AUTO 1:2.8 f=24mm 52ø are the lenses it came with...

The camera I use is the Sony Alpha 100.

By now I assume everyone who is reading knows where I'm going with this; I want to be able to use the lenses with the Sony.

Now my question is can any one help me? Are there any mounts I can purchase online? or is it hopeless?

If it is indeed completely hopeless, where can I buy a new battery for the minolta SRT200?

Thank you all who took the time to read this, I hope you guys can help me and anyone else who is trying to find this information on the internet.

Since Sony uses the old Minolta mount, I believe the lenses should physically mount to the camera, but I doubt that they will transfer any exposure information, and will not auto-focus, so you'll have to do everything manually, and, probably use stop-down metering as well. Could someone who speaks more fluent Sony than do I please confirm/deny this?

I don't know for sure, but I assume the SR-T 200 uses standard button cell batteries, in which case they should be readily replacable. Here is a link to the manual.

Here's an picture of the mount that I want to find an adapter for, so I can use it on my Sony.
DSCN0853.jpg

Is that the Minolta-MD mount?

I believe the Sony Alpha cameras, while compatible with most Minolta lens, are only compatible with lenses back to the Maxxum series cameras.

From what I read, the flange to focal plane distances of the Sony mount is shorter than the Minolta-MD mount, so optics is needed in the adapter. And so it may not be a best way to go.

minolta mount lenses are one reason i finally bought sony dslr. Fit and work beautifully but i think the OP is right, only the auto lenses for the Maxxum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back